A look at the teaser for THE documentary of the year, for movie geeks, MILIUS!!! Yeah, that Milius!
Hey folks, Harry here... I get to do something at this year's SXSW that's been a dream of mine for a very long time. John Milius is one of those names that my father & his movie geek friends constantly spoke of with awe. The first film that I ever recorded on my own with a VCR was JEREMIAH JOHNSON, I remember it was in 1977, it was playing on TV and my parents had something they had to do and trusted me home alone. Dad had been bitching about how he was going to miss JEREMIAH JOHNSON - and all on my own, I sat on the couch with the wired remote to the VCR doing my best to edit commercials out, but about half way through, I was so caught up that I forgot about the remote entirely. That's the power of John Milius' storytelling. When Dad came home, he was so proud - and we sat down as a family and watched.
John Milius' writing was simply manlier than every body elses. He isn't afraid to make a film mythic, instead of merely realistic. Watch THE WIND AND THE LION and for the running time you may feel like you're watching the greatest film ever. His script for APOCALYPSE NOW and DIRTY HARRY - they're legendary. But if you sit down to watch his DILLINGER starring Warren Oates... you may find yourself wishing that we had anything like Milius today. But he hasn't stopped. Apparently he's written a GENGHIS KHAN script that RZA is going to direct.
When it was announced that Milius was making CONAN THE BARBARIAN - my father went nuts. There were endless conversations about why Milius was perfect and Schwarzenegger was wrong. Hey, Dad ain't quite perfect, hehehe.
BUT - THIS SATURDAY.... at 9:45pm at the VIMEO THEATER at the Austin Convention Center, I'll be introducing a new Documentary about the legend of John Milius entitled MILIUS. I'll also be handling the Q&A afterwards with the directors of the doc... and yes, John Milius will be there. Here in Austin. John Milius. If you're a lover of John Milius' work - I can't imagine you'd miss this, but if you need more motivation, check this out:
And here's the one sheet:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 273 total posts 193 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 136 total posts 136 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 673 total posts 116 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 156 total posts 85 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 141 total posts 67 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 64 total posts 64 posts