Universal Sets Off On Their Own HANGOVER-Style SEARCH PARTY!!
The Kidd here...
With THE HANGOVER doing exceptional business for Warner Bros., THE HANGOVER PART II raking in even bigger bucks, and THE HANGOVER PART III destined for another big Memorial Day weekend this summer, it makes sense for other studios to try to catch their own HANGOVER-style lightning in a bottle, doing whatever they can to put men in precarious positions where their bad behavior may generate some laughter and, in turn, solid revenue at the box office. We just saw Relativity try unsuccessfully to tap into the formula with 21 & OVER, but that isn't going to stop Universal from taking their best shot.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio has picked up the U.S. distribution rights to SEARCH PARTY, directed by Scot Armstrong, one of the writers of THE HANGOVER PART II. This time, a pair of friends try to bring their best bud back together with his fiancee, who ditched him at the altar as a result of something stupid they did. When the groom is carjacked and somehow left with no clothes and no money in the middle of Mexico, all sorts of hijinks and shenanigans are sure to ensue in order to bring the two lovebirds back together, getting everyone home, with safe and sound hardly a consideration. My first question - if someone is stranded carless, cashless and phoneless south of the border, how do you even begin to locate where they are? After all, the movie is called SEARCH PARTY, right? That would indicate they're going to have to go off searching for someone... usually someone in need of rescue. Well, Mexico is a big place, and...
There I go trying to apply some type of logic and reason again.
Expect to find SEARCH PARTY in theatres sometime late next year.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 293 total posts 228 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 141 total posts 80 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 433 total posts 77 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 47 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 54 total posts 33 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts