Universal Sets Off On Their Own HANGOVER-Style SEARCH PARTY!!
The Kidd here...
With THE HANGOVER doing exceptional business for Warner Bros., THE HANGOVER PART II raking in even bigger bucks, and THE HANGOVER PART III destined for another big Memorial Day weekend this summer, it makes sense for other studios to try to catch their own HANGOVER-style lightning in a bottle, doing whatever they can to put men in precarious positions where their bad behavior may generate some laughter and, in turn, solid revenue at the box office. We just saw Relativity try unsuccessfully to tap into the formula with 21 & OVER, but that isn't going to stop Universal from taking their best shot.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio has picked up the U.S. distribution rights to SEARCH PARTY, directed by Scot Armstrong, one of the writers of THE HANGOVER PART II. This time, a pair of friends try to bring their best bud back together with his fiancee, who ditched him at the altar as a result of something stupid they did. When the groom is carjacked and somehow left with no clothes and no money in the middle of Mexico, all sorts of hijinks and shenanigans are sure to ensue in order to bring the two lovebirds back together, getting everyone home, with safe and sound hardly a consideration. My first question - if someone is stranded carless, cashless and phoneless south of the border, how do you even begin to locate where they are? After all, the movie is called SEARCH PARTY, right? That would indicate they're going to have to go off searching for someone... usually someone in need of rescue. Well, Mexico is a big place, and...
There I go trying to apply some type of logic and reason again.
Expect to find SEARCH PARTY in theatres sometime late next year.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 258 total posts 258 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 235 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 106 total posts 57 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts