Universal Sets Off On Their Own HANGOVER-Style SEARCH PARTY!!
The Kidd here...
With THE HANGOVER doing exceptional business for Warner Bros., THE HANGOVER PART II raking in even bigger bucks, and THE HANGOVER PART III destined for another big Memorial Day weekend this summer, it makes sense for other studios to try to catch their own HANGOVER-style lightning in a bottle, doing whatever they can to put men in precarious positions where their bad behavior may generate some laughter and, in turn, solid revenue at the box office. We just saw Relativity try unsuccessfully to tap into the formula with 21 & OVER, but that isn't going to stop Universal from taking their best shot.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio has picked up the U.S. distribution rights to SEARCH PARTY, directed by Scot Armstrong, one of the writers of THE HANGOVER PART II. This time, a pair of friends try to bring their best bud back together with his fiancee, who ditched him at the altar as a result of something stupid they did. When the groom is carjacked and somehow left with no clothes and no money in the middle of Mexico, all sorts of hijinks and shenanigans are sure to ensue in order to bring the two lovebirds back together, getting everyone home, with safe and sound hardly a consideration. My first question - if someone is stranded carless, cashless and phoneless south of the border, how do you even begin to locate where they are? After all, the movie is called SEARCH PARTY, right? That would indicate they're going to have to go off searching for someone... usually someone in need of rescue. Well, Mexico is a big place, and...
There I go trying to apply some type of logic and reason again.
Expect to find SEARCH PARTY in theatres sometime late next year.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 137 total posts 105 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 256 total posts 44 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 113 total posts 21 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 35 total posts 16 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 444 total posts 16 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 191 total posts 16 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 198 total posts 13 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1420 total posts 13 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 154 total posts 12 posts