Fox 2000 Is Looking To Remake The Swedish Hit PATRIK, AGE 1.5 Into English!!
The Kidd here...
The film PATRIK, AGE 1.5 had quite the interesting premise when it was released back in 2008. A gay couple seeks to adopt a child who they believe is a 15-month-old named Patrik, only for him to turn out to be a 15-year-old homophobe. With things shifting very quickly towards gay marriage becoming legal in the United States (it's only a matter of time), and hopefully more gay acceptance to come, I'm not sure how such a dramedy would play now as The Hollywood Reporter reports that Fox 2000 is developing an English-language remake of the film to be retitled PATRICK 1.5
Allan Loeb, who penned HERE COMES THE BOOM, which wasn't nearly as bad as one would expect from a Kevin James flick, is working on adapting the material... but is a teenage homophobe going to come across funny at all in this day and age. Five years ago seems like an awfully long time when you consider where the gay right movement was in its progress then. Back then, you still may have been able to play this type of ignorance up for some laughs in a dramedy as such... but now, it just comes across as sad and pathetic.
Loeb has an interesting balancing act to try to pull off without his characters becoming too sterotypical, but I think there could rest a very strong message of love and acceptance in PATRICK 1.5 if he can make these different perspectives work.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 138 total posts 8 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 82 total posts 5 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 397 total posts 5 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 73 total posts 5 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 106 total posts 5 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 33 total posts 4 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 68 total posts 4 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 10 total posts 3 posts