Will Ferrell Teams With Three Former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Writers For Six-Episode IFC Series SPOILS OF BABYLON!!
Will Ferrell will play Eric Jonrosh, author of the fake novel IFC’s six-episode series “The Spoilsof Babylon” is supposedly based upon.
The “Casa de mi Padre” team of director Matt Piedmont and writer Andrew Steele reunite for the project. Both are former SNL writers.
Former SNL head writer Adam McKay, who went on to co-write and direct the “Anchorman” movies, “Talladega Nights,” “Step Brothers” and “The Other Guys,” serves as executive producer.
IFC GREENLIGHTS NEW ORIGINAL SCRIPTED COMEDY SERIES PRODUCED BY FUNNY OR DIE
THE SPOILS OF BABYLON
Executive Produced by Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont and Andrew Steele
NEW YORK, NY – March 7, 2013 – IFC has greenlit the original scripted comedy The Spoils of Babylon produced by Funny or Die. Putting their talent behind the show as executive producers are Will Ferrell (Anchorman), Adam McKay (Step Brothers), Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre), who also directs and Andrew Steele (Saturday Night Live), who wrote the script. The Spoils of Babylon is a television adaptation of a best-‐selling epic novel by fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (played by Ferrell) and will feature an ensemble cast to be announced later. The blowsy century-‐spanning saga chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of a family who made their fortune in the oil business. IFC has ordered six, half-‐hour episodes to premiere in late 2013.
“This is a crazy and maybe even a stupid idea,” says Will Ferrell. “IFC is either really courageous or really stupid which makes them the perfect partner for us," he added.
In the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds of War, the epic story of The Spoils of Babylon spans three generations, taking viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through world war battlefields and velvet sheeted bedrooms. As the story unfolds, the booze, the passion and the heartache lead to illegal arms deals and international espionage with the Shah of Iran not to mention the creation of the doomed sub-‐prime market. “
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 502 total posts 342 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 251 total posts 210 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 226 total posts 140 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 54 total posts 28 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 63 total posts 26 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 307 total posts 25 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 293 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 339 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts