Will Ferrell Teams With Three Former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Writers For Six-Episode IFC Series SPOILS OF BABYLON!!
Will Ferrell will play Eric Jonrosh, author of the fake novel IFC’s six-episode series “The Spoilsof Babylon” is supposedly based upon.
The “Casa de mi Padre” team of director Matt Piedmont and writer Andrew Steele reunite for the project. Both are former SNL writers.
Former SNL head writer Adam McKay, who went on to co-write and direct the “Anchorman” movies, “Talladega Nights,” “Step Brothers” and “The Other Guys,” serves as executive producer.
IFC GREENLIGHTS NEW ORIGINAL SCRIPTED COMEDY SERIES PRODUCED BY FUNNY OR DIE
THE SPOILS OF BABYLON
Executive Produced by Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont and Andrew Steele
NEW YORK, NY – March 7, 2013 – IFC has greenlit the original scripted comedy The Spoils of Babylon produced by Funny or Die. Putting their talent behind the show as executive producers are Will Ferrell (Anchorman), Adam McKay (Step Brothers), Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre), who also directs and Andrew Steele (Saturday Night Live), who wrote the script. The Spoils of Babylon is a television adaptation of a best-‐selling epic novel by fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (played by Ferrell) and will feature an ensemble cast to be announced later. The blowsy century-‐spanning saga chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of a family who made their fortune in the oil business. IFC has ordered six, half-‐hour episodes to premiere in late 2013.
“This is a crazy and maybe even a stupid idea,” says Will Ferrell. “IFC is either really courageous or really stupid which makes them the perfect partner for us," he added.
In the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds of War, the epic story of The Spoils of Babylon spans three generations, taking viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through world war battlefields and velvet sheeted bedrooms. As the story unfolds, the booze, the passion and the heartache lead to illegal arms deals and international espionage with the Shah of Iran not to mention the creation of the doomed sub-‐prime market. “
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 394 total posts 394 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 256 total posts 135 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 154 total posts 95 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 164 total posts 50 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 348 total posts 32 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 377 total posts 26 posts
- The Trailer For Jason Bateman's BAD WORDS! -- 44 total posts 25 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 84 total posts 24 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 137 total posts 19 posts