Will Ferrell Teams With Three Former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Writers For Six-Episode IFC Series SPOILS OF BABYLON!!
Will Ferrell will play Eric Jonrosh, author of the fake novel IFC’s six-episode series “The Spoilsof Babylon” is supposedly based upon.
The “Casa de mi Padre” team of director Matt Piedmont and writer Andrew Steele reunite for the project. Both are former SNL writers.
Former SNL head writer Adam McKay, who went on to co-write and direct the “Anchorman” movies, “Talladega Nights,” “Step Brothers” and “The Other Guys,” serves as executive producer.
IFC GREENLIGHTS NEW ORIGINAL SCRIPTED COMEDY SERIES PRODUCED BY FUNNY OR DIE
THE SPOILS OF BABYLON
Executive Produced by Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont and Andrew Steele
NEW YORK, NY – March 7, 2013 – IFC has greenlit the original scripted comedy The Spoils of Babylon produced by Funny or Die. Putting their talent behind the show as executive producers are Will Ferrell (Anchorman), Adam McKay (Step Brothers), Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre), who also directs and Andrew Steele (Saturday Night Live), who wrote the script. The Spoils of Babylon is a television adaptation of a best-‐selling epic novel by fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (played by Ferrell) and will feature an ensemble cast to be announced later. The blowsy century-‐spanning saga chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of a family who made their fortune in the oil business. IFC has ordered six, half-‐hour episodes to premiere in late 2013.
“This is a crazy and maybe even a stupid idea,” says Will Ferrell. “IFC is either really courageous or really stupid which makes them the perfect partner for us," he added.
In the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds of War, the epic story of The Spoils of Babylon spans three generations, taking viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through world war battlefields and velvet sheeted bedrooms. As the story unfolds, the booze, the passion and the heartache lead to illegal arms deals and international espionage with the Shah of Iran not to mention the creation of the doomed sub-‐prime market. “
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 558 total posts 144 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 350 total posts 75 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 137 total posts 35 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 230 total posts 29 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 186 total posts 23 posts