Jon Stewart Is Taking The Summer Off From THE DAILY SHOW To Direct His First Feature!!
The Kidd here...
Watching the previous night's episode of THE DAILY SHOW is a part of my everyday routine. It's as if I'm sharing breakfast with Jon Stewart as I consume some cereal or whatever is on the menu for the most important meal of the day. Well, that habit is going to have to take a summer vacation in the coming months with Jon Stewart scheduled to take a 12-week hiatus from hosting the Comedy Central stape, in order to direct his first feature film.
According to Deadline, Stewart will get behind the camera for ROSEWATER, which is based on Maziar Bahari’s book Then They Came For Me: A Family’s Story Of Love, Captivity And Survival. The book tells the story of Bahari, a BBC journalist, who was held in an Iranian prison for 118 days and viciously interrogated while covering the country's Presidential election back in 2009. The title comes from the one thing Bahari knew of his interrogator - he smelled of rosewater.
As for what will become of THE DAILY SHOW in his absence, the program already has some weeks off for re-runs built into its summer scheduling, but, when they are fresh on the air, it'll be regular DAILY SHOW correspondant John Oliver filling the anchor's chair.
While I will miss Stewart's sharp comedy for that short time, he's leaving the show in very capable hands while he attempts to tackle a very serious-minded piece of subject matter. I am very curious to see how if he's able to pull this one off considering the shift from his usual tone.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 226 total posts 50 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 170 total posts 20 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 61 total posts 17 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 76 total posts 10 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 58 total posts 9 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 15 total posts 7 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 221 total posts 6 posts
- Body, Pad, Ride, Family, Church, Boys, Girls, And Porn In This Trailer For Joseph Gordon-Levitt's DON JON!! -- 25 total posts 5 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 47 total posts 5 posts