Why Haven't We Seen KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM Yet?
I've been wanting to see KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM since it was announced. It's got Steve Zahn doing the "lightning bolt" thing, it's got Peter Dinklage, currently on a career high with his work on GAME OF THRONES, and it just looks fun as hell. That online trailer sold me. What can I say, I'm a geek for this kind of stuff. One of my most anticipated movies for SXSW this year is ZERO CHARISMA, a D&D-inspired comedy. Sure, it's nerdy as hell, but we live in a world run by nerds, geeks, and LARPers. Embrace the mystery.
The cast and director of KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM appeared at Comic-Con 2011 in Hall H to a very enthusiastic crowd eager to see their movie. Since then... nothing. The trailer got a lot of interest online, but then not a peep. It's been screened a few times, but never for journalists or the public. I remember talking to Joe Lynch at SXSW last year, excited for the movie, and he seemed excited to show it, but he was curiously silent on when it would finally make its way to the public. And now we know why.
According to www.badassdom.com, the movie has been taken away from Lynch and given a different edit, which would seem to violate the contract signed by Lynch and the production company. Wade Bradley, the CEO of IndieVest, the production company for KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM, is planning to screen the new edit this week. What once was a 90+ minute movie under Lynch's cut has become a truncated 70 minute version, and thus far Bradley has refused to allow Lynch to finish his work and edit the movie to his vision. Bradley has claimed that the movie went vastly overbudget (although he approved every spending invoice) and, if the anonymous writer of the Badassdom site is accurate, removed members of IndieVest who hepled promote and support Lynch's version of the film.
We here at Ain't It Cool News always support the director's vision over the producers, and if the report is accurate Lynch's movie is essentially being held hostage. Furthermore, the time is fast approaching when no one will be able to do anything about it. Once Bradley sells KNIGHTS TO BADASSDOM to a studio for distribution, Lynch will not have his final edit. Joe Lynch deserves better, the cast deserves better, and we as movie fans deserve better. Artists whenever possible should have first say over how their films are seen, and hopefully they'll win out this time.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 313 total posts 234 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 333 total posts 77 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 86 total posts 66 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 311 total posts 63 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 416 total posts 59 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 168 total posts 40 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 39 total posts 39 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts