So The Plot For Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof's TOMORROWLAND Is Revealed (Maybe)...
Everyone's wondering about Brad Bird's TOMORROWLAND, and what the movie could be about. For me, it's enough that Brad Bird is involved, and that he's making a science fiction movie with Damon Lindelof, and that he's playing with Disney iconography. I've never been a fan of the whole "puzzle box" mode of marketing. The little hints that are thrown out like scraps of meat for dogs irritate more than enlighten, and while I understand that they want to build up anticipation for their movie, and return us to those days when we knew practically nothing about a movie before we sat down to it, I'd much rather know the basics and let the movie surprise me on its own. I trust Brad Bird completely as a filmmaker, so my ticket is already bought.
But yeah, I'm curious, especially after Bird's tweet photos of a quite-literal puzzle box, and now it seems that Drew McWeeny of HitFix has cracked the whole premise wide open. And it sounds like a blast. It sounds unique. And it sounds like Disney has found another movie to have fun with their theme park concept. According to Hitfix, TOMORROWLAND is about:
A teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 81 total posts 79 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 84 total posts 58 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 148 total posts 44 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 182 total posts 40 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 66 total posts 40 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 60 total posts 35 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts