NBC To Announce
THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON In May??
The Hollywood Reporter has “two high-level industry sources” who indicate NBC will announce during its May upfronts that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” in 2014.
That is when Jay Leno’s current contract with the network expires.
The move is apparently being rushed along so Fallon, 38, can take over the slot before Jimmy Kimmel, 45, can cement a hold on the adults 18-49 audience advertisers most crave.
The New York Daily News reported in December that NBC had been quietly contacting talent agents about finding a replacement for Jimmy Fallon on “Late Night.”
This time there is no talk of moving Leno, who turns 63 in April, to primetime, where “The Jay Leno Show’ aired 95 episodes between Sept. 14, 2009 and Feb. 9, 2010.
Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 286 total posts 21 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 144 total posts 15 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 299 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 108 total posts 11 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 107 total posts 10 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 761 total posts 8 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 213 total posts 6 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 344 total posts 4 posts