NBC To Announce
THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON In May??
The Hollywood Reporter has “two high-level industry sources” who indicate NBC will announce during its May upfronts that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” in 2014.
That is when Jay Leno’s current contract with the network expires.
The move is apparently being rushed along so Fallon, 38, can take over the slot before Jimmy Kimmel, 45, can cement a hold on the adults 18-49 audience advertisers most crave.
The New York Daily News reported in December that NBC had been quietly contacting talent agents about finding a replacement for Jimmy Fallon on “Late Night.”
This time there is no talk of moving Leno, who turns 63 in April, to primetime, where “The Jay Leno Show’ aired 95 episodes between Sept. 14, 2009 and Feb. 9, 2010.
Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 148 total posts 116 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 450 total posts 110 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 190 total posts 42 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 46 total posts 25 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 37 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 23 total posts 23 posts