NBC To Announce
THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON In May??
The Hollywood Reporter has “two high-level industry sources” who indicate NBC will announce during its May upfronts that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” in 2014.
That is when Jay Leno’s current contract with the network expires.
The move is apparently being rushed along so Fallon, 38, can take over the slot before Jimmy Kimmel, 45, can cement a hold on the adults 18-49 audience advertisers most crave.
The New York Daily News reported in December that NBC had been quietly contacting talent agents about finding a replacement for Jimmy Fallon on “Late Night.”
This time there is no talk of moving Leno, who turns 63 in April, to primetime, where “The Jay Leno Show’ aired 95 episodes between Sept. 14, 2009 and Feb. 9, 2010.
Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 394 total posts 138 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 265 total posts 72 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 87 total posts 57 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 147 total posts 52 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts