NBC To Announce
THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON In May??
The Hollywood Reporter has “two high-level industry sources” who indicate NBC will announce during its May upfronts that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” in 2014.
That is when Jay Leno’s current contract with the network expires.
The move is apparently being rushed along so Fallon, 38, can take over the slot before Jimmy Kimmel, 45, can cement a hold on the adults 18-49 audience advertisers most crave.
The New York Daily News reported in December that NBC had been quietly contacting talent agents about finding a replacement for Jimmy Fallon on “Late Night.”
This time there is no talk of moving Leno, who turns 63 in April, to primetime, where “The Jay Leno Show’ aired 95 episodes between Sept. 14, 2009 and Feb. 9, 2010.
Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 151 total posts 119 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 257 total posts 45 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 114 total posts 22 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 194 total posts 19 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 35 total posts 16 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 444 total posts 16 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 43 total posts 14 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 199 total posts 14 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1421 total posts 14 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 154 total posts 12 posts