NBC To Announce
THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON In May??
The Hollywood Reporter has “two high-level industry sources” who indicate NBC will announce during its May upfronts that Jimmy Fallon will take over “The Tonight Show” in 2014.
That is when Jay Leno’s current contract with the network expires.
The move is apparently being rushed along so Fallon, 38, can take over the slot before Jimmy Kimmel, 45, can cement a hold on the adults 18-49 audience advertisers most crave.
The New York Daily News reported in December that NBC had been quietly contacting talent agents about finding a replacement for Jimmy Fallon on “Late Night.”
This time there is no talk of moving Leno, who turns 63 in April, to primetime, where “The Jay Leno Show’ aired 95 episodes between Sept. 14, 2009 and Feb. 9, 2010.
Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 586 total posts 586 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 739 total posts 198 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 120 total posts 93 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts