Snootchie Bootchies!! It's The Trailer For JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER GROOVY CARTOON MOVIE!!
The Kidd here...
At this point, you're either still on the Kevin Smith fan train, or you're not... and judging by the reaction to Smith's potential plan for CLERKS 3, I'd say the amount of you that have had enough of the writer-director's choices in recent years are increasing. However, that's not to say those former fans couldn't be swayed back, or that there aren't still die-hards that'll watch anything Smith attaches his name to. Someone's got to be watching COMIC BOOK MEN, right?
This morning, Smith and Jason Mewes dropped the trailer for their new animated film JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER CARTOON MOVIE, which may be right up the alley for those of you who enjoyed the hell out of his earlier View Askew movies (I was one of you... still am). There is a lot of Mewes as Jay here... and I mean A LOT, with the whole trailer basically being voiced by him. Now I've found the character remains plenty funny over the years in short bursts... hell, even in STRIKES BACK, there were a number of other characters for him to play off... but if he is going to be called upon to really carry the brunt of this movie as the trailer might imply, with some super-villains popping in every so often to do battle, his schtick is going to get really tired really quick in this effort. In addition, it feels like we've seen a fair amount of what was done here in both MALLRATS and STRIKES BACK, so I don't necessarily know that there's new ground to be paved this time out. Sadly, this one feels like a bit of a retread.
We'll see if there's more to JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER GROOVY CARTOON MOVIE than meets the eye though starting in a few weeks as Smith and Mewes take the film on the road as they did with RED STATE, bringing it straight to the films, complete with post Q&A, for a premium price (looks like tickets which just went on-sale this morning are at least going to run you 52 bucks).
But take a look at the trailer... perhaps this is something you feel you might want to experience live with a crowd of Smith fans for yourself.
Here are the dates and locations for JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER GROOVY CARTOON MOVIE hitting the road, if you're interested:
- April 20 Atlanta, GA - Center Stage Theater
- April 21 Washington, DC - Warner Theater
- April 22 Tarrytown, NY - Tarrytown Music Hall
- April 23 New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
- April 24 Boston, MA - House of Blues
- April 25 Philadelphia, PA - Keswick Theater
- April 29 Santa Barbara, CA - Lobero Theater
- April 30 Sacramento, CA - Crest Theater
- May 2 San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater
- May 5 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
- May 9 Portland, OR - Bagdad Theater
- May 15 Seattle, WA - Moore Theater
- May 17 Kansas City, MO - Midland Theater
- May 18 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
- May 19 Chicago, IL - The Vic Theater
- May 20 Indianapolis, IN - Clowes Memorial Hall
- May 21 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
- May 22 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theater
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 74 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 77 total posts 11 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 423 total posts 5 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 45 total posts 4 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 17 total posts 3 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 62 total posts 3 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 116 total posts 3 posts