Next Week's DAZED AND CONFUSED Reunion Screening is Getting a Limited Edition Print by Chuck Sperry!
"Monty Cristo" here... The Texas Filmmakers Hall of Fame Awards are being given out next week just before SXSW kicks into gear (more info on that here), and among the festivities is a benefit screening of Dazed and Confused next Wednesday (buy tickets at the aforementioned link). Cast expected to attend in addition to director Richard Linklater include Joey Lauren Adams, David Blackwell, Christin Hinojosa, Mona Lee, Anthony Rapp, Marissa Ribisi, Michelle Burke Thomas, Mark Vandermeulen and Wiley Wiggins. The award will be presented to Linklater and cast Thursday night by some Oscar winner named Quentin Tarantino.
The news this morning is that the below limited edition print, the debut piece from Austin's Odd City Entertainment, will be sold at the screening. The artist, Chuck Sperry, has been recognized as one of the foremost designers in rock posters. I love the pinball board design, but especially the inclusion of Linklater's "instructions to the cast" as part of the art. Here are the specs:
Paper: Regular: Cougar 100 / Variant: Opalescent Pearl; both w/3 metallic inks Printed by: Hangar 18
Details: Regular 9-colors / Variant: 9-colors
Run Size: 240 Regulars & 50 Variants
Pricing: Regular - $65 / Variant - $135
Press release pasted after the image and detail shots.
CHUCK SPERRY DAZED AND CONFUSED ART PRINT FOR AFS EVENT
Odd City Entertainment is excited to announce, in partnership with the Austin Film Society, Hangar 18, and Varnish Fine Art gallery, a limited edition Chuck Sperry print for the 20th anniversary screening of Richard Linklater’s iconic film, Dazed and Confused. This will be the first print release for the company based in Austin, Texas. Roman Morales, the company’s Founder and long time print collector expressed his excitement over Odd City’s involvement in the event, “It has been a long hard road leading up to our launch and we couldn’t have asked for a better platform to release our first print run than the AFS Dazed and Confused event. And, it’s a Chuck Sperry no less! The best mix of artist and subject.” Chuck Sperry, the print artist, also expressed thoughts over his involvement, “To me, Dazed and Confused presents a pinball storyline structure and afforded me the opportunity to present the cast in equal weight to emphasize the ensemble nature of the film. They appear as bonus lights on the play table. I reproduced Mr. Linklater’s director notes to the actors on the pinball instruction card. The directions inspire the cast towards spontaneity, truthfulness and in Linklater’s words, “100% accuracy and thoroughness in detail”, as I sincerely hope is also reflected in my poster design.” The Odd City art prints will be sold at Austin Film Society’s Dazed and Confused screening event on March 6th at the Marchesa Hall & Theatre in Austin, TX: https://www.austinfilm.org/dazedandconfused . Event attendees will receive priority when purchasing. All net proceeds from the sale of the art prints will benefit the Austin Film Society. In the unlikely case there are additional prints after the event, they will be sold through Odd City’s website. Please see below for print details, pricing and images. For more information visit www.oddcityentertainment.com .You can also follow us on Twitter @OddCityNews for information and detailed pictures of Odd City art prints.
About H18 project:
H18 project, a collaboration between San Francisco gallery Varnish Fine Art and represented artist Chuck Sperry, showcases his artwork in the unique setting of H18 in Oakland where Sperry creates his fine art screen prints.
About Varnish Fine Art:
Varnish Fine Art, a contemporary art gallery located in the Yerba Buena Arts District in downtown San Francisco, has become known for showing provocative and skillfully executed artwork. For more information, please visit http://www.varnishfineart.com
About Chuck Sperry:
Chuck Sperry, one of the foremost rock poster artists, has honed the craft of designing and hand screen-printing for over 15 years to become recognized throughout the world. Chuck Sperry is represented by Varnish Fine Art in San Francisco and exhibits internationally from Bristol to Belgrade. Sperry will have a limited supply of Dazed and Confused prints available. For more information, please visit http://www.chucksperry.net
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 389 total posts 69 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 490 total posts 39 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 676 total posts 11 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 88 total posts 7 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 111 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 97 total posts 2 posts