Dane Cook Hits New Heights As The Lead Voice in DISNEY'S PLANES!!
The Kidd here...
Usually when you have an animated film coming out in August, you've already got your voice cast lined up as you move closer and closer to line up your final cut. It's not standard practice to just be naming your lead a few months before release. However, that's what Disney has done today, tapping Dane Cook to be the voice of their lead character Dusty for PLANES. The fact that they just made such an important casting decision this close to the end should speak volumes about where PLANES falls on their priority, even with a fast approaching August 9 release date. Dane Cook being the choice should say even more.
I've never quite gotten Dane Cook's act... at all. I've tried to watch him at the recommendation of others who find him to be "Soooo funny," and, in suffering through his stand-up, I found a guy who just rattled off unfunny stories in front of hordes of fans who seemed more attracted to his looks and, at the time, building MySpace popularity, than his material, or lack thereof. Having to listen to him now in a Disney movie just sounds like additional torture to what I've already had to endure in Dane Cook's name... especially when it's in the form of a spin-off of sorts from Pixar's two worst films, the CARS flicks.
How can this possibly end any other way than badly?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 174 total posts 122 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 174 total posts 67 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 92 total posts 39 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 88 total posts 36 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 45 total posts 23 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 74 total posts 21 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 356 total posts 20 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 70 total posts 17 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 71 total posts 12 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 249 total posts 12 posts