The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day would much rather see a snake than a Hollywood producer.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, if you read my big “A Movie A Day is on pause” article you’ll know why the BTS column disappeared last week. The short short version: My mom was laid off last year, she’s newly employed, but at a far smaller salary and we’re in the process of moving her so she can sell the house. So I’ve had to focus my attention on finding her a place to stay, getting her approved for a new lease, packing her 12+ years worth of stuff, moving it, unloading it, etc.
She’s finally moved, now we’re organizing a big garage sale to help her out financially, but that’s not as much work as the packing and moving, so the BTS column is back up on its feet and hopefully AMAD will return in one form or another either just before or just after SXSW.
We restart the BTS column with a great picture of Jack Palance and Ida Lupino from 1955’s The Big Knife.
I caught this one on TCM and really dug it. Palance plays a successful tough guy Hollywood star who is wrestling with his desire to be an artist while being pushed by everyone around him, from his wife to the studio suits, to keep pumping out brainless popcorn flicks.
It’s a fascinating snapshot of the 1950s studio system that sadly doesn’t seem to have changed all that much over the last 50+ years. If you can track it down give it a watch.
In the meantime, here’s Palance totally stealing a look at Ida’s Lupinos, courtesy of the nice folks at Decaying Hollywood Mansions.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is a goody little toe-shoes.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 93 total posts 61 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 228 total posts 16 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 36 total posts 7 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 146 total posts 4 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- Lance Henriksen On HANNIBAL!! Ruffalo On KIMMEL!! New WIPEOUT & ANGER!! The Premieres Of SAVE ME And HAVE TO GO!! AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE And GOING TO HELL Finales!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Please Don't Scream At The New Trailer For Elijah Wood's MANIAC...You're So Beautiful!! -- 34 total posts 3 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 178 total posts 3 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 21 total posts 2 posts