The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day would much rather see a snake than a Hollywood producer.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, if you read my big “A Movie A Day is on pause” article you’ll know why the BTS column disappeared last week. The short short version: My mom was laid off last year, she’s newly employed, but at a far smaller salary and we’re in the process of moving her so she can sell the house. So I’ve had to focus my attention on finding her a place to stay, getting her approved for a new lease, packing her 12+ years worth of stuff, moving it, unloading it, etc.
She’s finally moved, now we’re organizing a big garage sale to help her out financially, but that’s not as much work as the packing and moving, so the BTS column is back up on its feet and hopefully AMAD will return in one form or another either just before or just after SXSW.
We restart the BTS column with a great picture of Jack Palance and Ida Lupino from 1955’s The Big Knife.
I caught this one on TCM and really dug it. Palance plays a successful tough guy Hollywood star who is wrestling with his desire to be an artist while being pushed by everyone around him, from his wife to the studio suits, to keep pumping out brainless popcorn flicks.
It’s a fascinating snapshot of the 1950s studio system that sadly doesn’t seem to have changed all that much over the last 50+ years. If you can track it down give it a watch.
In the meantime, here’s Palance totally stealing a look at Ida’s Lupinos, courtesy of the nice folks at Decaying Hollywood Mansions.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is a goody little toe-shoes.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts