The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day would much rather see a snake than a Hollywood producer.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, if you read my big “A Movie A Day is on pause” article you’ll know why the BTS column disappeared last week. The short short version: My mom was laid off last year, she’s newly employed, but at a far smaller salary and we’re in the process of moving her so she can sell the house. So I’ve had to focus my attention on finding her a place to stay, getting her approved for a new lease, packing her 12+ years worth of stuff, moving it, unloading it, etc.
She’s finally moved, now we’re organizing a big garage sale to help her out financially, but that’s not as much work as the packing and moving, so the BTS column is back up on its feet and hopefully AMAD will return in one form or another either just before or just after SXSW.
We restart the BTS column with a great picture of Jack Palance and Ida Lupino from 1955’s The Big Knife.
I caught this one on TCM and really dug it. Palance plays a successful tough guy Hollywood star who is wrestling with his desire to be an artist while being pushed by everyone around him, from his wife to the studio suits, to keep pumping out brainless popcorn flicks.
It’s a fascinating snapshot of the 1950s studio system that sadly doesn’t seem to have changed all that much over the last 50+ years. If you can track it down give it a watch.
In the meantime, here’s Palance totally stealing a look at Ida’s Lupinos, courtesy of the nice folks at Decaying Hollywood Mansions.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is a goody little toe-shoes.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 285 total posts 109 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 103 total posts 59 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 721 total posts 49 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 115 total posts 49 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 188 total posts 38 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 73 total posts 24 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 60 total posts 18 posts
HOMELAND Casting Reveals
Clues Regarding Season Three!! -- 19 total posts 11 posts