The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day would much rather see a snake than a Hollywood producer.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, if you read my big “A Movie A Day is on pause” article you’ll know why the BTS column disappeared last week. The short short version: My mom was laid off last year, she’s newly employed, but at a far smaller salary and we’re in the process of moving her so she can sell the house. So I’ve had to focus my attention on finding her a place to stay, getting her approved for a new lease, packing her 12+ years worth of stuff, moving it, unloading it, etc.
She’s finally moved, now we’re organizing a big garage sale to help her out financially, but that’s not as much work as the packing and moving, so the BTS column is back up on its feet and hopefully AMAD will return in one form or another either just before or just after SXSW.
We restart the BTS column with a great picture of Jack Palance and Ida Lupino from 1955’s The Big Knife.
I caught this one on TCM and really dug it. Palance plays a successful tough guy Hollywood star who is wrestling with his desire to be an artist while being pushed by everyone around him, from his wife to the studio suits, to keep pumping out brainless popcorn flicks.
It’s a fascinating snapshot of the 1950s studio system that sadly doesn’t seem to have changed all that much over the last 50+ years. If you can track it down give it a watch.
In the meantime, here’s Palance totally stealing a look at Ida’s Lupinos, courtesy of the nice folks at Decaying Hollywood Mansions.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is a goody little toe-shoes.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 103 total posts 51 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 138 total posts 31 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 69 total posts 16 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 351 total posts 15 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 248 total posts 11 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 32 total posts 10 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 62 total posts 9 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 8 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 462 total posts 8 posts