The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day would much rather see a snake than a Hollywood producer.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, if you read my big “A Movie A Day is on pause” article you’ll know why the BTS column disappeared last week. The short short version: My mom was laid off last year, she’s newly employed, but at a far smaller salary and we’re in the process of moving her so she can sell the house. So I’ve had to focus my attention on finding her a place to stay, getting her approved for a new lease, packing her 12+ years worth of stuff, moving it, unloading it, etc.
She’s finally moved, now we’re organizing a big garage sale to help her out financially, but that’s not as much work as the packing and moving, so the BTS column is back up on its feet and hopefully AMAD will return in one form or another either just before or just after SXSW.
We restart the BTS column with a great picture of Jack Palance and Ida Lupino from 1955’s The Big Knife.
I caught this one on TCM and really dug it. Palance plays a successful tough guy Hollywood star who is wrestling with his desire to be an artist while being pushed by everyone around him, from his wife to the studio suits, to keep pumping out brainless popcorn flicks.
It’s a fascinating snapshot of the 1950s studio system that sadly doesn’t seem to have changed all that much over the last 50+ years. If you can track it down give it a watch.
In the meantime, here’s Palance totally stealing a look at Ida’s Lupinos, courtesy of the nice folks at Decaying Hollywood Mansions.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is a goody little toe-shoes.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Wanna hear the least annoying sound in the world? Repeat after me: Universal picks up DUMB AND DUMBER TO!! -- 85 total posts 30 posts
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 668 total posts 29 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST: The @$$Holes take stabs at MAN OF STEEL, plus a review of Scott Snyder’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! -- 29 total posts 22 posts
- UPDATED WITH POSTER!! GO BUY SOME LEGOS, KIDS a.k.a. THE LEGO MOVIE stacks up a trailer!! -- 74 total posts 17 posts
- Sweet knights of Colombus!! A new trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has been unleashed!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- WWZ blah-ditty, blah, blah, blah! AICN HORROR’s got a truly unique zombie film you should check out instead called THE BATTERY! -- 21 total posts 16 posts
- Harry's 25th Picks & Peeks of 2013!!! With THINGS TO COME, OCTAMAN, Bette Davis, STOKER, HOWLING, LIFEFORCE & more! -- 234 total posts 14 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1864 total posts 13 posts
- ICEBERG SLIM: PORTRAIT OF A PIMP has a trailer to tantalize your interests -- 27 total posts 10 posts
- Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!! -- 88 total posts 7 posts