Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES, with director Derek Cianfrance Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Now that awards season has officially ended, studios can start releasing decent films again that aren't competing with their nominees. This week, for example, Chan-wook Park's STOKER comes out. And toward the end of March we have the latest from BLUE VALENTINE director Derek Cianfrance, the epic drama THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES, starring Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Rose Byrne, Eva Mendes, Ray Liotta, Dane DeHaan, and Bruce Greenwood, among others.
I'm tempted to call the film an emotional gut punch, but the truth is it's more like an entire boxing match of emotions spread across three interconnected stories all having to deal with the past catching up with you no matter how much you try to escape it. I'll say not more, except to add that it's a truly powerful film. And I'll even go one step further: I think Cooper is better in this film than he was in SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK.
I'm got a block of seats for an advance Chicago screening of THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES on Tuesday, March 5 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). As an added bonus, director and co-writer Derek Cianfrance will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A. Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at PinesChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Go Beyond the Pines" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What's the film that delivered the most staggering emotional punch to you ever, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me soon if you won, so check your email!
Also, this is NOT an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event; our winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm). Please keep in mind, the theater is overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guest. If you do not arrive by 6:45, you seats will be given away. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Focus Features for giving us this very cool screening, and bringing in our guest.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 147 total posts 11 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 137 total posts 11 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 57 total posts 11 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 157 total posts 10 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 37 total posts 9 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 295 total posts 6 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 100 total posts 5 posts
- A New Trailer For DOCTOR WHO: 'The Time of the Doctor' Is Eerie and 'Splody!! -- 27 total posts 3 posts