Put Your Hands Together For THE CONJURING's First Teaser Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
There's a reason Warner Bros. took James Wan's newest flick THE CONJURING and moved it from the typical throwaway month of January to be right smack in the middle of the summer blockbuster season with a July 19th date. Our NYCC correspondant Mascott took in the studio's presentation of THE CONJURING back in October, and came back saying the reels they showed went over like gangbusters with the crowd who I don't think was expecting something as good as they saw.
One of those reels has been cut into the first teaser trailer for the film, which just released today, and, for those of you who are fans of the haunted house sub-genre of horror films, this one looks to be right up your alley.
This is one hell of a slow burn sequence, and, if the rest of the film follows this tone, we're in for something that will have our asses hanging off the edge of our seat come summer, which will be a nice departure from some of the typical spectacle that is usually sent out way.
James Wan has the first SAW to his credit, which no matter what you think of the rest of the series, should be recognized as a fantastic piece of horror - and for at least the first half of INSIDIOUS, had something special in his hands, too.
This trailer looks fantastic as far as I'm concerned, and I'm hoping Wan and his cast (Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Ron Livingston, Lili Taylor, etc.) can knock this bad boy out of the park for some quality summer scares.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 432 total posts 151 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 321 total posts 75 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 248 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 212 total posts 22 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 205 total posts 12 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 127 total posts 12 posts