Put Your Hands Together For THE CONJURING's First Teaser Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
There's a reason Warner Bros. took James Wan's newest flick THE CONJURING and moved it from the typical throwaway month of January to be right smack in the middle of the summer blockbuster season with a July 19th date. Our NYCC correspondant Mascott took in the studio's presentation of THE CONJURING back in October, and came back saying the reels they showed went over like gangbusters with the crowd who I don't think was expecting something as good as they saw.
One of those reels has been cut into the first teaser trailer for the film, which just released today, and, for those of you who are fans of the haunted house sub-genre of horror films, this one looks to be right up your alley.
This is one hell of a slow burn sequence, and, if the rest of the film follows this tone, we're in for something that will have our asses hanging off the edge of our seat come summer, which will be a nice departure from some of the typical spectacle that is usually sent out way.
James Wan has the first SAW to his credit, which no matter what you think of the rest of the series, should be recognized as a fantastic piece of horror - and for at least the first half of INSIDIOUS, had something special in his hands, too.
This trailer looks fantastic as far as I'm concerned, and I'm hoping Wan and his cast (Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Ron Livingston, Lili Taylor, etc.) can knock this bad boy out of the park for some quality summer scares.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Wanna hear the least annoying sound in the world? Repeat after me: Universal picks up DUMB AND DUMBER TO!! -- 73 total posts 18 posts
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 652 total posts 13 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST: The @$$Holes take stabs at MAN OF STEEL, plus a review of Scott Snyder’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! -- 18 total posts 11 posts
- Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!! -- 88 total posts 7 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1858 total posts 7 posts
- WWZ blah-ditty, blah, blah, blah! AICN HORROR’s got a truly unique zombie film you should check out instead called THE BATTERY! -- 10 total posts 5 posts
- Harry's 25th Picks & Peeks of 2013!!! With THINGS TO COME, OCTAMAN, Bette Davis, STOKER, HOWLING, LIFEFORCE & more! -- 223 total posts 3 posts
- UPDATED WITH POSTER!! GO BUY SOME LEGOS, KIDS a.k.a. THE LEGO MOVIE stacks up a trailer!! -- 60 total posts 3 posts
- ICEBERG SLIM: PORTRAIT OF A PIMP has a trailer to tantalize your interests -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- Behold A Nifty New Poster For Disney's THE BLACK HOLE (1979)!! -- 162 total posts 2 posts