So This Is What Spidey Will Look Like For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!!
The Kidd here...
In my conversations with Spider-Man fans both young and old, there is a great deal of division when it comes to THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. There are those who defend the new direction Marc Webb has taken with your neighborhood web-slinger, and then there are those who really dislike something that doesn't quite feel like Spider-Man. I fully expect that canyon to grow as we head into the next movie, and this may be the starting point with ComingSoon.net getting their hands on the newly revised Spider-Man suit that'll be making its debut in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2.
For those of you who weren't fans of what Andrew Garfield was wearing in the first installment, there's definitely some noticeable differences, specifically in the eyes, the webbing pattern and also the texture of what he'll be sporting this second time out.
But where I think people may have a little bit of beef with the new suit is that it looks an awful lot like the old suit... or at least the one used in the Raimi trilogy (minus the new logo, of course)...
There are only so many modifications that one could make to the Spider-Man suit to begin with before you start venturing into the area of creating something that isn't Spidey, but things seem to be trending a little too close into some familiar territory already explored in the Raimi trilogy. I'm not saying I don't like the new suit for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2. I do. It's a hell of a lot better than what they trotted out there for the first effort. But... for something that was supposed to be telling a much different story than the Raimi's three, they're using a lot of the same elements.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts