Hercules Says Tonight’s BUNHEADS Finale Has The Best Laugh-Per-Minute Ratio Of Anything He’s Seen This Year!!
Bunheads 1.18 FAQ
What’s it called?
Series mastermind Amy Sherman-Palladino (“Gilmore Girls”) directs from her own teleplay.
What says ABC Famly?
“The girls secretly follow Michelle to a Broadway musical audition in Hollywood. Meanwhile, Fanny returns. Michelle's brother, Scotty, pops back up unannounced. And Sasha thinks the girls need to take their relationships with their boyfriends to the next level.”
Home plate. Sasha is keen to lose it to Roman, but doesn’t want to get too far ahead of her girlfriends in the deflowering department.
The big news?
This has got to be the funniest hour of television I’ve seen all year. It’s also surprising poignant and even at times a little suspenseful.
What else is ABC Family not telling us?
Things are going worse than usual for Truly. Boo’s beau appears to have written an entertaining comic book. The Stone Sisters (Truly and Millicent) have a potentially significant first meeting with Scotty.
How does it start?
With the scene from the promo depicting Michelle waking up naked beside Godot, the Oyster Bar oceanographer.
Sutton Foster cavorting in bra and panties. The subtle foreshadowing in the teens’ first scene. The depressed Truly nestling among her tulle. The possible subtle musical homage to “The Graduate.” Michelle’s shaming stare. The length of that sidewalk line, and the episode’s budget for supernumeraries generally. Michelle’s face as she obscures Fannie’s visual aid. “So a bad witch.” “Michelle who?” “Got a belt!” “Who’s Tranny?” “He doesn’t even have a bike.” “With each other?” “He’ll wear the grey shorts.” “How long were we asleep?” “Boring!” “A lot of balls hanging from this ceiling!” “Even better.” “Saturday’s my shift.” “You I assume could withstand such a blow.” “I’m unclear on the agenda.” “Because I’m a terrific plumber.” “It means I don’t give you money.” “I’m not sure he knows my name.”
What’s not so great?
Ratings are not spectacular and there’s no word yet on whether or not ABC Family will order additional episodes. That’s a pity; this show’s wit is as sharp as and more abundant than any gracing “Mad Men” or “Game of Thrones,” and I have no greater praise to heap upon it.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“He was just so beautiful.”
9 p.m. Monday. ABC Family.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 33 total posts 18 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 242 total posts 4 posts
- ‘In Here You’re Not The Greater Good!!’ The New 3-Minute Trailer For THE WALKING DEAD: Season Five!! -- 16 total posts 3 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 99 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 54 total posts 2 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 90 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 370 total posts 1 post
- COMIC-CON BOMBSHELL! (Okay, not really) Who does WB want to write JUSTICE LEAGUE!?! -- 39 total posts 1 post