UPDATED! Is Lucasfilm developing a KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC project? Not with Drew!
Hey folks, Harry here... Drew Karpyshyn contacted me and let me know that he has heard nothing about a KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC movie. Of course even if he was working on it, he couldn't say so - but I'm going to say this looks like a rumor that we can put to rest for now. His old workmates at BIOWARE were hoping it was true, but there was more hope than reality to the rumor. Consider this one shut down for now.
Hey folks, Harry here... Consider this a rumor at this stage.
Before I get directly into the rumor, which showed up in a rather elaborate email today, let me talk a bit about what is going on at LUCASFILM right now. When AICN ran this rumor by some trusted sources, the only thing we got was a statement that there is literally a ton of activity going on regarding a whole bunch of ideas for Lucasfilm. Essentially, we are living in a time - where there are multiple generations of filmmakers, screenwriters and artists at all levels of film and media production - that have a very real opportunity to try out their ideas. So yes, there's all manners of fantasy dream projects regarding a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. But the only project that has hardcore active development is EPISODE VII - it is the only STAR WARS project that is beyond the treatment stage. SO - even if this is true, there is zero guarantee that any of the projects that we're hearing about outside of EPISODE VII will actually come into being. That said - this is one of those dreams that seem to be being pursued, but isn't confirmed yet.
Now for the rumor. Drew Karpyshyn - the man that created the scenario and much of the dialogue in the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. He also worked on JADE EMPIRE and STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC. Along with writing MASS EFFECT and MASS EFFECT 2. Well he left BIOWARE back in February of last year to work on "screenwriting" and it seems that BIOWARE is a hot bed of rumor regarding the notion that Drew Karpyshyn is working up a screenplay for a film version of KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. Is this true? Or just the idle gossip of hard working game designers at BIOWARE? I've reached out to Drew Karpyshyn and as of this posting I've yet to hear back. On his personal website he states that he has not yet produced or sold any screenplays and that he's nearly completed his first script and will be looking for an agent to sell it shortly. With his rather all-star status in games, I'm sure whatever Drew is working on currently is likely to be something worth looking at.
So - what is you folks' opinion on a KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC flick? Is that something you'd love to see?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts