Bryan Singer Promises To Clean Up The X-Mess Brett Ratner Left On The Rug!
It might take two bottles of Resolve and a shitload of paper towels, but Bryan Singer is determined to remove the stain Brett Ratner's X-MEN: THE LAST STAND left on the beloved superhero franchise.
In an interview with IGN's relentless Roth Cornet, Singer expressed dissatisfaction with Ratner's clusterfuck of a second sequel and indicated he will do what he can to correct, via time travel and alternate timeline wizardry, some of that film's biggest mistakes with his forthcoming DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The salient excerpt:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.
Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]
IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…
Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.
IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?
Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.
Good luck with that.
Singer also discussed DAYS OF FUTURE PAST's 1973 setting, and how the film will introduce "retro science-fiction" elements into the series. It all sounds very encouraging. Almost too encouraging. For more, read the full article at IGN.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 135 total posts 15 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 304 total posts 10 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 96 total posts 9 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 34 total posts 8 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 325 total posts 6 posts
-- 32 total posts 5 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 21 total posts 3 posts