Bryan Singer Promises To Clean Up The X-Mess Brett Ratner Left On The Rug!
It might take two bottles of Resolve and a shitload of paper towels, but Bryan Singer is determined to remove the stain Brett Ratner's X-MEN: THE LAST STAND left on the beloved superhero franchise.
In an interview with IGN's relentless Roth Cornet, Singer expressed dissatisfaction with Ratner's clusterfuck of a second sequel and indicated he will do what he can to correct, via time travel and alternate timeline wizardry, some of that film's biggest mistakes with his forthcoming DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The salient excerpt:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.
Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]
IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…
Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.
IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?
Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.
Good luck with that.
Singer also discussed DAYS OF FUTURE PAST's 1973 setting, and how the film will introduce "retro science-fiction" elements into the series. It all sounds very encouraging. Almost too encouraging. For more, read the full article at IGN.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 213 total posts 213 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 179 total posts 179 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 457 total posts 120 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 179 total posts 49 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 53 total posts 45 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 56 total posts 34 posts