Bryan Singer Promises To Clean Up The X-Mess Brett Ratner Left On The Rug!
It might take two bottles of Resolve and a shitload of paper towels, but Bryan Singer is determined to remove the stain Brett Ratner's X-MEN: THE LAST STAND left on the beloved superhero franchise.
In an interview with IGN's relentless Roth Cornet, Singer expressed dissatisfaction with Ratner's clusterfuck of a second sequel and indicated he will do what he can to correct, via time travel and alternate timeline wizardry, some of that film's biggest mistakes with his forthcoming DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The salient excerpt:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.
Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]
IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…
Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.
IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?
Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.
Good luck with that.
Singer also discussed DAYS OF FUTURE PAST's 1973 setting, and how the film will introduce "retro science-fiction" elements into the series. It all sounds very encouraging. Almost too encouraging. For more, read the full article at IGN.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 95 total posts 70 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 74 total posts 30 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 539 total posts 16 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 166 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 149 total posts 6 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 96 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 60 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 186 total posts 2 posts