Bryan Singer Promises To Clean Up The X-Mess Brett Ratner Left On The Rug!
It might take two bottles of Resolve and a shitload of paper towels, but Bryan Singer is determined to remove the stain Brett Ratner's X-MEN: THE LAST STAND left on the beloved superhero franchise.
In an interview with IGN's relentless Roth Cornet, Singer expressed dissatisfaction with Ratner's clusterfuck of a second sequel and indicated he will do what he can to correct, via time travel and alternate timeline wizardry, some of that film's biggest mistakes with his forthcoming DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The salient excerpt:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.
Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]
IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…
Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.
IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?
Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.
Good luck with that.
Singer also discussed DAYS OF FUTURE PAST's 1973 setting, and how the film will introduce "retro science-fiction" elements into the series. It all sounds very encouraging. Almost too encouraging. For more, read the full article at IGN.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 226 total posts 50 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 170 total posts 20 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 61 total posts 17 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 76 total posts 10 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 58 total posts 9 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 15 total posts 7 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 221 total posts 6 posts
- Body, Pad, Ride, Family, Church, Boys, Girls, And Porn In This Trailer For Joseph Gordon-Levitt's DON JON!! -- 25 total posts 5 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 47 total posts 5 posts