AICN Toys: BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Presidential Monsters, STAR TOURS, PETER PAN Minimates, Mechawhales (?!), And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened version and for more pics follow the pre-order links...
BioShock Infinite from NECA
The new BioShock releases March 26 and NECA has been busy preparing a new line of 7-inch scale action figures to coincide with the new game. Along with Elizabeth and The Boys of Silence (available now), the company has another figure planned. The Patriot will feature a large gatling gun and two american flags attached to his back. He will have a slightly higher price tag than the first two figures in the series due to his larger size when he releases in the summer.
Presidential Monsters from Heroes in Action
What if the United States was governed throughout history by monsters, ghosts, ghouls and automatons? [insert awful political cliché or joke here] Heroes in Action has taken this premise and created a pun-filled toy line featuring some of America’s most highly regarded forefathers and presidents. The company showed off several of it’s future releases in New York at Toy Fair including wave 3 with Van Palin, The Spirit of ’76, Dr. Benjamin Franklinstein, Algor an Inconvenient Assistant, Jacksferatu, and two different Yeti versions of Roosevelt. Those will release in the summer. Future waves will feature Hillvira Secretary of Stake, Genreal Eisenhowler, Romney the Robot, Headless S. Grant, Frankenford and Martian Van Buren.
Star Tours from Hasbro
You may need to bring a little extra cash with you on your next trip to a Walt Disney theme park. Hasbro will soon release two new Star Tours action figure sets featuring the droids from the ride. New figures include a blue Signal Droid, a red RX Droid, a G2 Droid, and the very first appearance of the Seeker Droid. C-3PO and the Imperial Sky Trooper will also appear in the sets. These packs launch in May at Walt Disney World- Hollywood Studios during STAR WARS Weekends and will then be available at Walt Disney World stores in Florida and Disneyland Resort stores in California shortly after.
Peter Pan from Diamond Select Toys
It’s been 60 years since the Walt Disney Company released their animated epic featuring a magical boy who never wanted to grow up as he battled an evil pirate captain. With the new Peter Pan Blu-Ray in stores now, the Disney Store has teamed up with Diamond Select Toys to release a new Minimate series based on the film. Two boxed sets featuring Pete, Cubby, Tootle and Nibs along with Michael, John, Captain Hook and Tinkerbell will include a flying base to pose the figs above the ground. Also there will be a Jolly Roger set with Wendy and Smee. Each Minimate figure stands 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation. Look for all three sets to arrive at Disney Stores and on DisneyStore.com in early March.
Mechawhales from Deep Fried Figures
After humans and whales decided to join forces and explore the galaxy in the future, an alien threat made their union even stronger. The psychically gifted whales underwent surgery to enhance their bodies with giant weaponized robot suits. Now you can own an eerie premonition of humanity’s future with this PVC action figure complete with a cardboard diorama and articulation on the arms and wrists. He measures 5.5-inches wide and 3.5-inches tall. These are available at BigBadToyStore.com. Learn more about the battle between the Mechawhales and aliens here.
And finally this week, it's been a long while since G.I. Joe fans have had the opportunity to purchase a 3.75-inch version of their favorite celebrity. In the 80's we had Sergeant Slaughter, William "Refrigerator" Perry and almost had a Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa. Bruce Willis fans should be excited about the the latest wave of G.I. Joe: Retaliation figures. I picked up a Joe Colton at my local Target ($9.99) and found one glaring problem with the toy...
That's it for this week. For more action figure newsm follow my toy blog ArticulationTimes.com on Twitter and Facebook for more news updates and subscribe to the AICN Youtube channel. YouTube - Videos from this email
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts