Sir Ben Kingsley Looks Bad-Ass As The Mandarin Gets His Own IRON MAN 3 Character Poster!!
The Kidd here...
After releasing character posters for Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce, Marvel Studios has quickly gotten around to putting one out there for the one character in IRON MAN 3 that may be just as important as Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark, and... man, does The Mandarin look absolutely bad-ass here or what?
From what I've been hearing already, Kingsley is set to deliver one of the more interesting villains we've seen before in a comic book film, expanding upon some of your preconceived notions of who The Mandarin should be, in order to fit into this Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fans of Iron Man have been waiting for The Mandarin to finally arrive on the scene since the first film, and I get the feeling they'll be a little surprised yet very satisfied with this take on the character that they're going to get in May (April 26 if you're overseas where you're going to get it a tad earlier).
But if I could levy one complaint on this otherwise awesome one sheet, it's that they went with too much of a close-up to showcase the character... and I can only make that judgment based on this uncropped art from Empire of the same imagery, which gives a better sense of place as to where The Mandarin is. But the one detail that really makes this version much cooler for me is found sitting beneath The Mandarin's foot. Take a look...
Either way though... I'm good.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 117 total posts 85 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 242 total posts 30 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 444 total posts 16 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 41 total posts 12 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 197 total posts 12 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 100 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 180 total posts 5 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 147 total posts 5 posts
- Lance Henriksen On HANNIBAL!! Ruffalo On KIMMEL!! New WIPEOUT & ANGER!! The Premieres Of SAVE ME And HAVE TO GO!! AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE And GOING TO HELL Finales!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 5 posts