James Marsden To Lock Horns With The Channel 4 News Team In ANCHORMAN 2!
While we've yet to hear confirmation on Terence Stamp joining ANCHORMAN 2 as a Rupert Murdoch-esque media mogul, Deadline is reporting that James Marsden has been cast as "a rival anchor" to Will Ferrell's hard-drinking jazz flautist Ron Burgandy.
This is excellent news. Marsden was amazing as Liz Lemon's boyfriend Criss on 30 ROCK, and he's also turned in hilarious supporting performances in a number of underrated comedies over the last few years (e.g. BACHELORETTE, SEX DRIVE and the remake of STRAW DOGS). He'll join the returning members of the Channel 4 News Team (Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Dave Koechner), as well as new addition Kristin Wiig (who's evidently playing Brick Tamland's wife).
ANCHORMAN 2 begins shooting in March, and is currently scheduled to hit theaters December 20th, 2013. Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 165 total posts 165 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 137 total posts 40 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 163 total posts 34 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 294 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 452 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 20 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 306 total posts 19 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 113 total posts 16 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 763 total posts 10 posts