James Marsden To Lock Horns With The Channel 4 News Team In ANCHORMAN 2!
While we've yet to hear confirmation on Terence Stamp joining ANCHORMAN 2 as a Rupert Murdoch-esque media mogul, Deadline is reporting that James Marsden has been cast as "a rival anchor" to Will Ferrell's hard-drinking jazz flautist Ron Burgandy.
This is excellent news. Marsden was amazing as Liz Lemon's boyfriend Criss on 30 ROCK, and he's also turned in hilarious supporting performances in a number of underrated comedies over the last few years (e.g. BACHELORETTE, SEX DRIVE and the remake of STRAW DOGS). He'll join the returning members of the Channel 4 News Team (Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Dave Koechner), as well as new addition Kristin Wiig (who's evidently playing Brick Tamland's wife).
ANCHORMAN 2 begins shooting in March, and is currently scheduled to hit theaters December 20th, 2013. Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 133 total posts 13 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 304 total posts 10 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 96 total posts 9 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 31 total posts 5 posts
-- 31 total posts 4 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 323 total posts 4 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews NEIGHBORS! -- 23 total posts 2 posts