James Marsden To Lock Horns With The Channel 4 News Team In ANCHORMAN 2!
While we've yet to hear confirmation on Terence Stamp joining ANCHORMAN 2 as a Rupert Murdoch-esque media mogul, Deadline is reporting that James Marsden has been cast as "a rival anchor" to Will Ferrell's hard-drinking jazz flautist Ron Burgandy.
This is excellent news. Marsden was amazing as Liz Lemon's boyfriend Criss on 30 ROCK, and he's also turned in hilarious supporting performances in a number of underrated comedies over the last few years (e.g. BACHELORETTE, SEX DRIVE and the remake of STRAW DOGS). He'll join the returning members of the Channel 4 News Team (Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Dave Koechner), as well as new addition Kristin Wiig (who's evidently playing Brick Tamland's wife).
ANCHORMAN 2 begins shooting in March, and is currently scheduled to hit theaters December 20th, 2013. Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 530 total posts 144 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 316 total posts 138 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 134 total posts 134 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 105 total posts 105 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 237 total posts 92 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1504 total posts 61 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 88 total posts 55 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 61 total posts 51 posts