James Marsden To Lock Horns With The Channel 4 News Team In ANCHORMAN 2!
While we've yet to hear confirmation on Terence Stamp joining ANCHORMAN 2 as a Rupert Murdoch-esque media mogul, Deadline is reporting that James Marsden has been cast as "a rival anchor" to Will Ferrell's hard-drinking jazz flautist Ron Burgandy.
This is excellent news. Marsden was amazing as Liz Lemon's boyfriend Criss on 30 ROCK, and he's also turned in hilarious supporting performances in a number of underrated comedies over the last few years (e.g. BACHELORETTE, SEX DRIVE and the remake of STRAW DOGS). He'll join the returning members of the Channel 4 News Team (Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Dave Koechner), as well as new addition Kristin Wiig (who's evidently playing Brick Tamland's wife).
ANCHORMAN 2 begins shooting in March, and is currently scheduled to hit theaters December 20th, 2013. Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts