The Trailer For THE RELUCTANT FUNDAMENTALIST Shows The Less Patriotic Side Of America!!
The Kidd here...
We often get a lot of "America fuck yeah" movies in the pipeline that trumpet the United States as the greatest country in the world, impossible of doing anything wrong. I wouldn't go so far as to call them propaganda, but there's a very clear message involved that America is the good guys. Well, in Mira Nair's film, THE RELUCTANT FUNDAMENTALIST, America doesn't look all that great, with the picture taking a serious glance at the grim reality of how this country treated and viewed Muslims, anyone who looked like they could be Muslim, and basically anyone and everyone with a dark complexion post-9/11, including those who were American citizens and those who lived and supported American ideals.
The new trailer for the film (via Yahoo!) is an interesting look at how the paranoia and fear of some Americans during this very scary time of American history may have caused some who wanted to be a part of our democracy and our freedom and our way of life to move more towards beliefs in line with our enemies. Take a look.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts