Universal's Adam Fogelson Talks SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNSTMAN Sequel, Further BOURNE, And Much More!!
Universal Chairman Adam Fogelson spoke with THR and conversation naturally turned to projects in the pipeline at the studio, which is ...despite BATTLESHIP...coming off of a very good year (TED, THE LORAX, LES MIS). Soon enough we'll be getting the sixth installment of the FAST AND THE FURIOUS franchise, which is all but assured to rake in all sortsa cash, while also being pretty much unbearably bad ass.
About the SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN sequel, once rumored to focus more heavily on Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman character in the wake of inter-personal shenanigans surrounding the first film, Fogelson says...
We're actively developing the movie right now with Kristen's character central, as well as the Huntsman role. We think that for a first movie out of the gate to do basically $400 million worldwide, there is a lot of opportunity. I don't think Rupert is pursuing the next Snow White as a directing opportunity.
Regarding the prospects of another Bourne movie, despite last year's BOURNE LEGACY not performing as well as many expected or hoped...
The point of the last movie was to create a universe, a world and characters that give us a lot of freedom and flexibility in how we go forward. Yeah, the movie didn't perform the way the last one did. It also didn't cost what the last one did. It performed more along the lines of how the first one did. I absolutely see us doing more Bourne, 100 percent yes. Matt has talked about the possibility of coming back, and we totally respect that and are excited if and when he wants to have conversations. But I think the last movie gave us a big bunch of options to pursue a next chapter.
The entirety of the conversation is rather interesting, and also touches on Tom Cruises' forthcoming OBLIVION epic from TRON LEGACY helmer Joseph Kosinski, and Keanu Reeve's perennially-coming-soon Samurai epic 47 RONIN. Well worth a ready...check it out HERE.
Universal has made some interesting choices over the past few years and I'm excited to see where they go from here. They've structured and grown the FAST franchise rather brilliantly, HUNTSMAN was rather slow at time but hugely enjoyable and amazingly designed, TED took some balls to put on screen given the current tendency for studios to tread more safely and softly.
Hell, even BATTLSHIP is somewhat admirable for its commitment to unapologetic spectacle - but yes, it's dumb as hell. But it's gorgeous, sexy dumb. Kinda like that hot chick you wanna bang to get it over with...and just so you can know that you did...but never have a second date with?
So...more power to Uni, the way I see it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 237 total posts 61 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 178 total posts 28 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 66 total posts 22 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 86 total posts 20 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 60 total posts 11 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 49 total posts 7 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 15 total posts 7 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 138 total posts 6 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 221 total posts 6 posts