Hercules Has Seen Tonight's
Fourth THE AMERICANS!!
The Americans 1.4 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to Joel Fields (“Rizzoli & Isles”) and series creator Joe Weisberg, the same duo who scripted last week’s episode.
What says FX?
“When an assassin attempts to kill President Reagan, Philip and Elizabeth scramble to handle the fallout within the KGB. Meanwhile, Stan pressures his source within the Rezidentura to find out if the KGB was responsible for the attempted assassination.”
The big news?
Something the KGB calls “Operation Christopher” is readied for an interesting reason.
What else is FX not telling us?
The episode’s title comes from Alexander Haig’s famous “I am in control” remarks immediately following the president’s shooting. They stop calling the Margot Martindale character “Granny” this week.
How does it start?
Elizabeth Jennings has difficulty hiding annoyance when her daughter describes Poland as “a part of Russia.”
The dark skill with which Elizabeth overcomes an obstacle. The all-important conversation Philip and Elizabeth share in their laundry room. The ongoing Mad Man-ish aspects of this series. (We’re reminded that initial news reports indicated that White House press secretary James Brady was killed in the assassination attempt. He actually became a big gun-control advocate, regained his higher cognitive fuctions and ability to walk and turned 72 last August).
What’s not so good?
Philip doesn’t get to smash a pair a goons with a suitcase full of money this week.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“I won’t tell if you won’t.”
10 p.m. Wednesday. FX.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 439 total posts 439 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 689 total posts 148 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 94 total posts 67 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 51 total posts 46 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 66 total posts 42 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 84 total posts 41 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 130 total posts 29 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts