Rupert Wyatt now attached to Sony's THE EQUALIZER starring Denzel Washington!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Wow, Rupert Wyatt is busy. Good for him. He deserves to be busy after somehow managing to make a good Planet of the Apes movie working under Tom Rothman.
He has that adaptation of Birdsong he's writing, he's directing an AMC pilot called TURN and now, according to Deadline, it looks like he's attached to THE EQUALIZER, a reboot of the '80s TV series, which will star Denzel Washington.
The show was about a crusty old white ex-covert ops PI (played the great Edward Woodward... sorry, I called you crusty, Ed), but the feature has Washington in the lead as a "solitary, monastic" figure. Sounds a bit more like Jules from Pulp Fiction, doesn't it?
Either way, it sounds like Sony wants to do with this thriller what Paramount did with Mission: Impossible. They want a franchise and they want one with Washington, which is smart on their part because I'm not sure if you're aware, but that Denzel Washington can act. I know it's a brave stance to take, but damn it, I'm going on record as saying I think that fella is gonna make it.
There's no guarantee Wyatt will stick to this project, with so much other stuff going on and a deal with Fox that would need to be worked out, but it's some interesting scuttlebutt nonetheless.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 467 total posts 81 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 245 total posts 67 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 196 total posts 51 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1491 total posts 48 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 729 total posts 38 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 43 total posts 33 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 62 total posts 29 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 166 total posts 21 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 60 total posts 19 posts