Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of Chan-wook Park's first English-language film STOKER!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
One of the films I've been most looking forward to in the early part of 2013 is STOKER, the first English-language film from South Korean master filmmaker Chan-wook Park (OLD BOY, THIRST, SYMPATHY FOR MR. VENGEANCE), starring Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode, Nicole Kidman, Dermot Mulroney, and current Oscar-nominee Jacki Weaver. It's a wonderfully sleazy blend of Southern Gothic and Hitchcock paranoia, fully loaded with questionable behavior and shifting loyalties.
The film racked up a whole lot of good notices from its premiere last month at the Sundance Film Festival, and deservedly so. It's a scorcher with a wicked sense of humor weaved through its nasty core. And I've been given the better part of a theater to fill with Chicago-area Ain't It Cool News readers. The screening will take place Monday, February 25 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). Here's how to win…
Send me an email at StokerChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Keep It in the Family" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing any Guests (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite movie involving questionable relations between/among family members, and why?" And I'm not just talking about the icky stuff, but I'm not excluding it either--just something weird between blood relations. The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners' seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, or if you're scared of bad weather, do not enter.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Fox Searchlight Pictures for bringing this great screening to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 252 total posts 76 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 104 total posts 38 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 182 total posts 32 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 688 total posts 16 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 63 total posts 14 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 50 total posts 8 posts
- Body, Pad, Ride, Family, Church, Boys, Girls, And Porn In This Trailer For Joseph Gordon-Levitt's DON JON!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts