Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of Chan-wook Park's first English-language film STOKER!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
One of the films I've been most looking forward to in the early part of 2013 is STOKER, the first English-language film from South Korean master filmmaker Chan-wook Park (OLD BOY, THIRST, SYMPATHY FOR MR. VENGEANCE), starring Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode, Nicole Kidman, Dermot Mulroney, and current Oscar-nominee Jacki Weaver. It's a wonderfully sleazy blend of Southern Gothic and Hitchcock paranoia, fully loaded with questionable behavior and shifting loyalties.
The film racked up a whole lot of good notices from its premiere last month at the Sundance Film Festival, and deservedly so. It's a scorcher with a wicked sense of humor weaved through its nasty core. And I've been given the better part of a theater to fill with Chicago-area Ain't It Cool News readers. The screening will take place Monday, February 25 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). Here's how to win…
Send me an email at StokerChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Keep It in the Family" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing any Guests (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite movie involving questionable relations between/among family members, and why?" And I'm not just talking about the icky stuff, but I'm not excluding it either--just something weird between blood relations. The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners' seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, or if you're scared of bad weather, do not enter.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Fox Searchlight Pictures for bringing this great screening to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 203 total posts 76 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 49 total posts 37 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 247 total posts 36 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 545 total posts 23 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 38 total posts 19 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 240 total posts 15 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 27 total posts 14 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 121 total posts 13 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 716 total posts 11 posts
- Trailer for THE LONGEST WEEK, Starring Jason Bateman, Billy Crudup and Olivia Wilde! -- 29 total posts 11 posts