Antoine Fuqua's OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN has a featurette and looks absolutely insane! I like that!
Hey folks, Harry here... with a very aggressive featurette on Antoine Fuqua's OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN. This time RED DAWN happens to the White House... and in the role of Patrick Swayze is Gerard Butler... Just kidding. Kinda. Hardcore Action What Ifs with Terrorists and the President. We love them. Well, at least I loved Wolfgang Petersen's AIR FORCE ONE, but this... This seems like a crazy intense action piece of pulse-pounding fear-mongering. I would like to think that since 9/11, we've beefed up the defense of Washington D.C. in general... but then, who knows really. We got damage to the Washington Monument... so that means Terrorists are officially the new Martians. Here's the featurette...
Why you should care? This was a spec script picked up by a pair of first timers. It spent no time being rewritten, going from acquisition to full on production in crazy fast time (approximately 4 months). As a result, I'm quietly rooting for the film to kick ass. I'm hot & cold with Antoine Fuqua, but I know he can do this kind of film wonderfully. There's a lot of talent out there that are not writing sequels or prequels. Let's hope it is THAT GOOD. It'll be interesting to see how this does.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts