Jennifer Lawrence Re-Teams With David O. Russell For AMERICAN BULLSHIT!
AMERICAN BULLSHIT was actually the former title of this project, but I wanted to use it in one headline before they find a nice, new, sanitized moniker.
This film, about the 1970s Abscam sting that led to the imprisonment of U.S. Senator Pete Williams, is shaping up to be a real heavyweight acting bout. Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper were already attached, and now, per Deadline, they're going to be joined by Jennifer Lawrence, who's favored to win the Best Actress Oscar next week for O. Russell's SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK. Lawrence will play the wife of Melvin Weinberg (Bale), the ex-con who devised and directed the Abscam operation for the FBI.
This sounds like perfect material for O. Russell, who could use a brainy political drama after the emotional histrionics of SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK. The screenplay is by Eric Singer, whose previously wrote THE INTERNATIONAL. I sure hope that wasn't Singer at his best.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 190 total posts 91 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 321 total posts 76 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 81 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 182 total posts 44 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 193 total posts 32 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 152 total posts 29 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 32 total posts 16 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 372 total posts 16 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 44 total posts 15 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 46 total posts 8 posts