WWE Studios Goes CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN'!!
The Kidd here...
WWE Studios still has a ways to go before they establish themselves as a legitimate movie studio - that's what happens when you start off on the wrong foot just pumping out crap that stars WWE Superstars from the wrestling/sports entertainment branch of the parent company. However, with movies like DEAD MAN DOWN and THE CALL, which feature legitimate acting talent at the forefront of the films, with the occasional Superstar thrown in, WWE Studios has made a conscious decision to shift the way they go about making films. I've been encouraged by what I've seen of those two aforementioned films that are set to come out over the next month, and the premise for their newly announced project also has me intrigued.
Deadline reports that WWE Studios is teaming up with producer Edward R. Pressman and Blum-Hanson-Allen Films (one of the production companies involved on LAWLESS) to develop the action-comedy CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN', set to be written and directed by Adam Bhala Lough (WEAPONS and the Lil Wayne documentary THE CARTER). The approach - a pair of rule-breaking ex-cops partner back up again to seek revenge on the bad guys who murdered their mentor. Sounds like a slice of 80s buddy cop material to me, and, while it didn't work at all most recently for Stallone's BULLET TO THE HEAD, primarily because half of the duo sucked, that doesn't mean it can't be pulled off with the right bit of chemistry between leads.
Hopefully, this is another step in the right direction for them... now if only they'd reconsider that whole Hornswoggle as LEPRECHAUN idea...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 636 total posts 95 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 36 total posts 31 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 49 total posts 22 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 64 total posts 21 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 62 total posts 17 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 49 total posts 14 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 16 total posts 12 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 43 total posts 12 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 286 total posts 11 posts