WWE Studios Goes CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN'!!
The Kidd here...
WWE Studios still has a ways to go before they establish themselves as a legitimate movie studio - that's what happens when you start off on the wrong foot just pumping out crap that stars WWE Superstars from the wrestling/sports entertainment branch of the parent company. However, with movies like DEAD MAN DOWN and THE CALL, which feature legitimate acting talent at the forefront of the films, with the occasional Superstar thrown in, WWE Studios has made a conscious decision to shift the way they go about making films. I've been encouraged by what I've seen of those two aforementioned films that are set to come out over the next month, and the premise for their newly announced project also has me intrigued.
Deadline reports that WWE Studios is teaming up with producer Edward R. Pressman and Blum-Hanson-Allen Films (one of the production companies involved on LAWLESS) to develop the action-comedy CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN', set to be written and directed by Adam Bhala Lough (WEAPONS and the Lil Wayne documentary THE CARTER). The approach - a pair of rule-breaking ex-cops partner back up again to seek revenge on the bad guys who murdered their mentor. Sounds like a slice of 80s buddy cop material to me, and, while it didn't work at all most recently for Stallone's BULLET TO THE HEAD, primarily because half of the duo sucked, that doesn't mean it can't be pulled off with the right bit of chemistry between leads.
Hopefully, this is another step in the right direction for them... now if only they'd reconsider that whole Hornswoggle as LEPRECHAUN idea...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts