Bryan Fuller’s HANNIBAL Lecter Serial Killer Series Gets DO NO HARM’s Slot In Seven Weeks!!
“Hannibal” is taking over NBC’s old “ER” slot (10 p.m. Thursday) on April 4, thanks to speedy cancellation of “Do No Harm” six days ago.
The new series, a prequel to Thomas Harris’ first Hannibal Lecter novel “Red Dragon,” is being masterminded by the great Bryan Fuller, who wrote for “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and “Star Trek: Voyager” before he created “Dead Like Me,” “Wonderfalls” and “Pushing Daisies.”
The new series will focus on two characters from Harris’ “Red Dragon” – star FBI profiler Will Graham and psychoanalyst/closet serial killer Hannibal Lecter – when they worked together solving serial murders.
Denmark native Mads Mikkelson (“Casino Royale”) inherits the role played by Brian Cox in “Manhunter” and Anthony Hopkins in “Silence of the Lambs,” “Red Dragon” and the 2001 movie “Hannibal.”
Hugh Dancy (“Our Idiot Brother,” “The Big C”) will play Graham. “CSI” refugee William Petersen played Graham in “Manhunter”; Ed Norton played Graham in the 2002 “Red Dragon” remake.
FBI profiling chief Jack Crawford – played by Dennis Farina in “Manhunter,” Scott Glenn in “Silence of the Lambs,” and Harvey Keitel in “Red Dragon” – will be played in NBC’s “Hannibal” by another “CSI” refugee, Laurence Fishburne.
Canadian actress Caroline Dharvernas, the lead in Fuller’s “Wonderfalls,” plays FBI forensic psychologist Dr. Alana Bloom – a “Starbucking” of Dr. Alan Bloom from Thomas Harris’ “Red Dragon” novel, which introduced Hannibal Lecter to the world. (The book’s Alan Bloom was renamed Sydney Bloom and played by Paul Perri in 1986’s “Manhunter,” the first movie based on “Red Dragon.”)
Fellow Canadian actress Lara Jean Chorostecki (“Camelot,” “Copper”) is the recipient of another Starbucking, or at least a Boomering. She will play a female version of sleazy journalist Freddie Lounds.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS, Next Week’s HANNIBAL, MAD MEN, GAME OF THRONES, The New Fall Shows And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 236 total posts 110 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 238 total posts 108 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 221 total posts 59 posts
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 1022 total posts 56 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 304 total posts 46 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 121 total posts 38 posts
‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’
Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- New PACIFIC RIM Trailer Takes A Battleship Upside The Head Of Every Other Summer Movie Trailer! -- 285 total posts 13 posts
- 1st Trailer for Jean Pierre Jeunet's THE YOUNG AND PRODIGIOUS SPIVET!!! Joy Follows... -- 29 total posts 12 posts
Ben Affleck Tonight Hosts
SNL’s 38th Season Finale!! -- 46 total posts 12 posts