Hugh Laurie Adds The Villain Element To TOMORROWLAND!!
The Kidd here...
If only we had a better sense of what Brad Bird's TOMORROWLAND was about, there'd be more information to go along with this casting news, but Disney continues to maintain a high level of secrecy surrounding the project written by Damon Lindelof and Jeff Jensen, so just the basics will have to do.
Hugh Laurie is in talks to join TOMORROWLAND in some type of antagonistic role, opposite George Clooney, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He had been in a position to play the villain in MGM's ROBOCOP reboot not too long ago, but that deal never materialized, Michael Keaton took the part, and it left Laurie with an opening in his schedule that has now led to this. We all win (well, except on that ROBOCOP front, but whatever).
I never had a chance to get into HOUSE, but just seeing Laurie in action as the unique doctor in commercials was enough to let me know that I was probably missing out on one hell of a performance... and he didn't get nominated six times for an Emmy in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series character for nothing... so this is clearly a good addition to the cast and a major score for TOMORROWLAND.
I'm still intrigued by what TOMORROWLAND's focus may be, and I think JimHillMedia's speculation raises some interesting questions and would make for an intriguing motion picture as far as the subject matter is concerned... but, if Hill is right, I'm not certain where Laurie would fit into things as a bad guy, unless it was someone in the government who may be trying to keep the existence of UFOs a secret. Then again, that assumes the movie is even about UFOs or related to UFOs or... oh, hell... let the speculation begin again.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 636 total posts 95 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 36 total posts 31 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 49 total posts 22 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 64 total posts 21 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 62 total posts 17 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 49 total posts 14 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 16 total posts 12 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 43 total posts 12 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 286 total posts 11 posts