Scott Frank adds another actor to his Matt Scudder flick A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Great screenwriter Scott Frank has been developing an adaptation of Lawrence Block's A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES for a while now with Liam Neeson attached to play the lead character, an ex-cop private investigator named Matthew Scudder.
Scudder is a recurring character in Block's work and has been played onscreen before by Jeff Bridges in 1986's Eight Million Ways to Die, from a script by Oliver Stone and directed by the great Hal Ashby.
A Walk Among the Tombstones will apparently reboot Scudder as a fictional crime story character and focuses on Scudder helping a drug-dealing buddy track down a pair of murderous kidnappers.
The news of the day comes from Variety, announcing that Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens is in talks to join the picture. They don't know who he's playing, but it's a good choice from Scott Frank.
Frank's last film, The Lookout, was flawed, but proved he had an eye for directing actors as well as writing great scripts, so this is only good news.
What do you folks think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 115 total posts 83 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 242 total posts 30 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 443 total posts 15 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 41 total posts 12 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 100 total posts 8 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 191 total posts 6 posts
- Lance Henriksen On HANNIBAL!! Ruffalo On KIMMEL!! New WIPEOUT & ANGER!! The Premieres Of SAVE ME And HAVE TO GO!! AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE And GOING TO HELL Finales!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 179 total posts 4 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 146 total posts 4 posts