Bryan Singer Talks Halle Berry And CGI Characters In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST!!
The Kidd here...
Bryan Singer is working to get all his ducks in a row before heading into production for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, which will bring the X-Men of old and those of the FIRST CLASS era together into one film. Over the past few weeks, we've already seen Singer collecting cast members from his first run with the mutants - Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin - but the one character that remains in flux is that of Storm, who was played by Halle Berry in the initial X-MEN films but didn't have a younger version established in FIRST CLASS. Berry's Storm did survive Brett Ratner's one-picture run with the X-Men in THE LAST STAND, so it shouldn't seem out of the question to have her back reprising her role, although, if she didn't, she wouldn't be the first mutant cut from one film to the next (see Nightcrawler).
Singer recently spoke to MTV News about the possibility of Berry manipulating the weather once more in a dystopian future where mutants are held in internment camps, among other things, and, while he hardly confirmed her return, he certainly left open the window for it to happen.
"I can't say. I don't know yet. And it's not necessarily a deal making aspect at all. I want to make sure it'll make sense. But I love working with her."
Singer also went on to discuss his fascination with CGI characters, which seems reasonable considering he's still waist-deep in JACK THE GIANT SLAYER, but with nothing about that film looking too appealing, the filmmaker might want to scale back on this idea of introducing fully CGI characters or at least ones who are heavily comprised of those elements.
"A CG Nick Hoult or a CG Ewan McGregor, maybe 20 years from now might be perfect, but it's a little tough on the eyes when it's not real. But I definitely want to use this technology again, and I might even be using some of it in a different way in X-MEN. I don't want to say how, yet, but I'm definitely using some of this technology on X-MEN, which I never used in any of the other X-MEN films."
Bryan, you might want to keep it that way... because the look of JACK hardly inspires confidence that such a character belongs in X-MEN.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 964 total posts 191 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of The New CAPTAIN AMERICA (1990) Blu-ray!! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 1217 total posts 76 posts
- ‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’ Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 264 total posts 46 posts
- STAR WARS REBELS Coming To Disney XD Fall 2014!! Chock Full-O-McQuarrie!?!? -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Capone gets Extremis talking to actor James Badge Dale about IRON MAN 3, THE LONE RANGER and WORLD WAR Z!!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 569 total posts 30 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 465 total posts 29 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 262 total posts 26 posts
Ben Affleck Tonight Hosts
SNL’s 38th Season Finale!! -- 96 total posts 24 posts