G4 is evolving on April 22 into a channel called Esquire, which will target upscale males (as opposed to the douchers who watch Spike, I gather).
The new channel will hang on to its “American Ninja Warrior” franchise and augment its programming with repeats of a pair of Adam Scott sitcoms – “Party Down” and “Parks and Recreation.”
Reality shows in development for Esquire include the Drew Barrymore-produced cooking show “Knife Fight” and the celebrity travel show that may be called “The Getaway.”
Long-running G4 shows “Attack of the Show!” and “X-Play” are already gone.
The channel’s new affiliation with Esquire Magazine kind of brings it full circle, as it began life in 1998 as ZDTV, named for PC Magazine and MacWEEK publisher Ziff-Davis. ZDTV became TechTV in 2000, then G4techTV in 2004, then G4 – Video Game Television in 2005.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 60 total posts 8 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 57 total posts 5 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 112 total posts 5 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 346 total posts 5 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 300 total posts 4 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 26 total posts 4 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 57 total posts 4 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 57 total posts 4 posts
- AICN COMICS Reviews: SUPERMAN! KILL SHAKESPEARE! SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN! THE FADE OUT! & More! -- 19 total posts 2 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 47 total posts 2 posts