G4 is evolving on April 22 into a channel called Esquire, which will target upscale males (as opposed to the douchers who watch Spike, I gather).
The new channel will hang on to its “American Ninja Warrior” franchise and augment its programming with repeats of a pair of Adam Scott sitcoms – “Party Down” and “Parks and Recreation.”
Reality shows in development for Esquire include the Drew Barrymore-produced cooking show “Knife Fight” and the celebrity travel show that may be called “The Getaway.”
Long-running G4 shows “Attack of the Show!” and “X-Play” are already gone.
The channel’s new affiliation with Esquire Magazine kind of brings it full circle, as it began life in 1998 as ZDTV, named for PC Magazine and MacWEEK publisher Ziff-Davis. ZDTV became TechTV in 2000, then G4techTV in 2004, then G4 – Video Game Television in 2005.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 66 total posts 20 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 141 total posts 15 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 148 total posts 12 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 40 total posts 12 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 105 total posts 10 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 296 total posts 7 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 689 total posts 6 posts