Fresh From HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, Director Tommy Wirkola Heads For DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD!!
I have a shame I will now confess to the world: I have never seen the entirety of DEAD SNOW. I've heard wonderful things about it. It's been in my Netflix queue for ages. I've watched pieces of it on numerous occasions, but EVERY. DAMN. TIME I try to watch it, something happens to prevent me from reaching the end. One time my Internet collapsed (I was streaming). Another time, my little boy woke up sick. Etc. As such, my efforts to see the film shall continue...defiantly...and I have a feeling i'll very much like the whole of it once I persevere as I've very much enjoyed what I've seen thus far.
This said, I quite loved DEAD SNOW director Tommy Wirkola's most recent film: HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS. A film which looked appalling in its trailers and only a smidgen less unfortunate on its posters and print campaigns. But the promo campaign does not do the film justice. The movie itself is bizarre as hell to be sure, and perhaps even a little demented. But, to me at least, it represents the best 'Sam Raimi' since early Sam Raimi. Wirkola nailed H&G's togh tone and energy - delivering a lean, mean package at 88 minutes. As regular readers may recall, I'm not a fan of 3D...much at all...but I found the process supported this particular film very nicely.
With all of this in mind, it's with no smal amount of interest that this news bit comes to us from Screen Daily. Seems Wirkola is returning to his Norwegian roots to helm a DEAD SNOW sequel. DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD.
Set to be released in both English and Norwegian, the new film follows the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.
..says Screen Daily, in a piece in which Wirkola describes WAR OF THE DEAD as "bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one."
Is this as promising and as much of a good thing as it appears to be? I can't pass adequate judgement for myself quite yet, so you tell me...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 230 total posts 205 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 185 total posts 141 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 205 total posts 62 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 559 total posts 36 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 114 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 9 posts