Fresh From HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, Director Tommy Wirkola Heads For DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD!!
I have a shame I will now confess to the world: I have never seen the entirety of DEAD SNOW. I've heard wonderful things about it. It's been in my Netflix queue for ages. I've watched pieces of it on numerous occasions, but EVERY. DAMN. TIME I try to watch it, something happens to prevent me from reaching the end. One time my Internet collapsed (I was streaming). Another time, my little boy woke up sick. Etc. As such, my efforts to see the film shall continue...defiantly...and I have a feeling i'll very much like the whole of it once I persevere as I've very much enjoyed what I've seen thus far.
This said, I quite loved DEAD SNOW director Tommy Wirkola's most recent film: HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS. A film which looked appalling in its trailers and only a smidgen less unfortunate on its posters and print campaigns. But the promo campaign does not do the film justice. The movie itself is bizarre as hell to be sure, and perhaps even a little demented. But, to me at least, it represents the best 'Sam Raimi' since early Sam Raimi. Wirkola nailed H&G's togh tone and energy - delivering a lean, mean package at 88 minutes. As regular readers may recall, I'm not a fan of 3D...much at all...but I found the process supported this particular film very nicely.
With all of this in mind, it's with no smal amount of interest that this news bit comes to us from Screen Daily. Seems Wirkola is returning to his Norwegian roots to helm a DEAD SNOW sequel. DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD.
Set to be released in both English and Norwegian, the new film follows the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.
..says Screen Daily, in a piece in which Wirkola describes WAR OF THE DEAD as "bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one."
Is this as promising and as much of a good thing as it appears to be? I can't pass adequate judgement for myself quite yet, so you tell me...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 219 total posts 219 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 494 total posts 174 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 600 total posts 150 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 771 total posts 106 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Our First Katniss-centric Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts