Fresh From HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, Director Tommy Wirkola Heads For DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD!!
I have a shame I will now confess to the world: I have never seen the entirety of DEAD SNOW. I've heard wonderful things about it. It's been in my Netflix queue for ages. I've watched pieces of it on numerous occasions, but EVERY. DAMN. TIME I try to watch it, something happens to prevent me from reaching the end. One time my Internet collapsed (I was streaming). Another time, my little boy woke up sick. Etc. As such, my efforts to see the film shall continue...defiantly...and I have a feeling i'll very much like the whole of it once I persevere as I've very much enjoyed what I've seen thus far.
This said, I quite loved DEAD SNOW director Tommy Wirkola's most recent film: HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS. A film which looked appalling in its trailers and only a smidgen less unfortunate on its posters and print campaigns. But the promo campaign does not do the film justice. The movie itself is bizarre as hell to be sure, and perhaps even a little demented. But, to me at least, it represents the best 'Sam Raimi' since early Sam Raimi. Wirkola nailed H&G's togh tone and energy - delivering a lean, mean package at 88 minutes. As regular readers may recall, I'm not a fan of 3D...much at all...but I found the process supported this particular film very nicely.
With all of this in mind, it's with no smal amount of interest that this news bit comes to us from Screen Daily. Seems Wirkola is returning to his Norwegian roots to helm a DEAD SNOW sequel. DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD.
Set to be released in both English and Norwegian, the new film follows the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.
..says Screen Daily, in a piece in which Wirkola describes WAR OF THE DEAD as "bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one."
Is this as promising and as much of a good thing as it appears to be? I can't pass adequate judgement for myself quite yet, so you tell me...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 286 total posts 21 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 144 total posts 15 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 299 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 108 total posts 11 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 107 total posts 10 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 761 total posts 8 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 213 total posts 6 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 344 total posts 4 posts