Fresh From HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, Director Tommy Wirkola Heads For DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD!!
I have a shame I will now confess to the world: I have never seen the entirety of DEAD SNOW. I've heard wonderful things about it. It's been in my Netflix queue for ages. I've watched pieces of it on numerous occasions, but EVERY. DAMN. TIME I try to watch it, something happens to prevent me from reaching the end. One time my Internet collapsed (I was streaming). Another time, my little boy woke up sick. Etc. As such, my efforts to see the film shall continue...defiantly...and I have a feeling i'll very much like the whole of it once I persevere as I've very much enjoyed what I've seen thus far.
This said, I quite loved DEAD SNOW director Tommy Wirkola's most recent film: HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS. A film which looked appalling in its trailers and only a smidgen less unfortunate on its posters and print campaigns. But the promo campaign does not do the film justice. The movie itself is bizarre as hell to be sure, and perhaps even a little demented. But, to me at least, it represents the best 'Sam Raimi' since early Sam Raimi. Wirkola nailed H&G's togh tone and energy - delivering a lean, mean package at 88 minutes. As regular readers may recall, I'm not a fan of 3D...much at all...but I found the process supported this particular film very nicely.
With all of this in mind, it's with no smal amount of interest that this news bit comes to us from Screen Daily. Seems Wirkola is returning to his Norwegian roots to helm a DEAD SNOW sequel. DEAD SNOW: WAR OF THE DEAD.
Set to be released in both English and Norwegian, the new film follows the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.
..says Screen Daily, in a piece in which Wirkola describes WAR OF THE DEAD as "bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one."
Is this as promising and as much of a good thing as it appears to be? I can't pass adequate judgement for myself quite yet, so you tell me...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 98 total posts 21 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 506 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 155 total posts 1 post
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 227 total posts 1 post