Have no fear, little one. The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is here to protect thee.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Who doesn’t love The Omen? And by The Omen I mean the real movie, not the deadly dull remake.
Not to sound like those old fuddy duddy’s, but I love how the people in ‘70s movies are characters, not playing character types, if that makes any sense. Gregory Peck is so damn good as Robert Thorne and his inner torment is sold so well that I even though I get pissed off at his hesitation at the end, my heart totally breaks for the guy.
The Omen is a masterful build of suspense and set pieces. Richard Donner was on fire at this early period of his career. The Omen feels like he’s slamming his dick on the table and screaming at everyone to look at how big it is. It’s so controlled, it’s so precise and the you can feel his hand manipulating every aspect of the picture. It’s a classic and for good reason.
Today’s shot shows us Peck, Donner (sitting and looking strangely like Roddy Piper) and Patrick Troughton filming a scene in the film. Thanks to reader Mark Williams for sending this one along.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is always angry.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 427 total posts 146 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 317 total posts 71 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 247 total posts 27 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 205 total posts 12 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 153 total posts 7 posts