Ewan McGregor, Ralph Fiennes, and Mads Mikkelson Together May Make OUR KIND OF TRAITOR!
After the success of TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, it's no surprise that StudioCanal want to continue with the John Le Carre trend and adapt more of his work. It's also quite interesting that they keep diving into Fantastic Fest alumni to make them - TTSS was directed by LET THE RIGHT ONE IN's Tomas Alfredson, and the new Le Carre, OUR KIND OF TRAITOR, will be directed by SNOWTOWN's Justin Kurzel. The pedigree is terrific - Kurzel will be directing from a script by Hossein Amini (DRIVE). And they seem to be building quite the cast.
Ewan McGregor has already signed on, and Ralph Fiennes and Mads Mikkelson are in talks, according to Screen Daily. In OUR KIND OF TRAITOR, McGregor plays a professor who gets contacted by a Russian money launderer trying to defect to the West. Soon McGregor and his girlfriend are caught between the manipulations of the English government, the Russian government, and the mob. Mikkelson would be playing the launderer while Fiennes would be playing a British agent trying to orchestrate the defection.
Le Carre's novels always make for rich stories and this sounds like no exception. And hey, you can't go wrong with Fantastic Fest directors. They certainly know their genre work.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 99 total posts 67 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 230 total posts 18 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 36 total posts 7 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 97 total posts 5 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 146 total posts 4 posts
- Lance Henriksen On HANNIBAL!! Ruffalo On KIMMEL!! New WIPEOUT & ANGER!! The Premieres Of SAVE ME And HAVE TO GO!! AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE And GOING TO HELL Finales!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Please Don't Scream At The New Trailer For Elijah Wood's MANIAC...You're So Beautiful!! -- 34 total posts 3 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 178 total posts 3 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 21 total posts 2 posts