Harry's gonna cry "Gingerscrimination" when he hears who's up for ANNIE...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We recently heard that Willow Smith was out of the running for the lead in the reboot of Annie being produced by her ma and pa, which madge redheads the world over sigh with relief. I mean, they couldn't be publicly pissed because they're the whitest people ever and that would come off as super racist.
Annie is one of their only icons. I mean, who else is left? Carrot Top? Opie? Jessica Rabbit?
There was hope that they'd go back to the traditional Annie, with the curly red hair and freckles (they'd probably still keep the pupils, which might piss off the old timey purists), but now their ginger dreams are smashed because it seems a certain precocious Oscar nominated newcomer is leading the pack of potential Annies.
Yep, Beasts of the Southern Wild's Quvenzhane Wallis is the number one choice for Will Gluck's reboot, according to EW.
Sorry, my ginger friends.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 40 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 178 total posts 3 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 32 total posts 3 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 215 total posts 3 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 94 total posts 2 posts