Harry's gonna cry "Gingerscrimination" when he hears who's up for ANNIE...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We recently heard that Willow Smith was out of the running for the lead in the reboot of Annie being produced by her ma and pa, which madge redheads the world over sigh with relief. I mean, they couldn't be publicly pissed because they're the whitest people ever and that would come off as super racist.
Annie is one of their only icons. I mean, who else is left? Carrot Top? Opie? Jessica Rabbit?
There was hope that they'd go back to the traditional Annie, with the curly red hair and freckles (they'd probably still keep the pupils, which might piss off the old timey purists), but now their ginger dreams are smashed because it seems a certain precocious Oscar nominated newcomer is leading the pack of potential Annies.
Yep, Beasts of the Southern Wild's Quvenzhane Wallis is the number one choice for Will Gluck's reboot, according to EW.
Sorry, my ginger friends.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 309 total posts 5 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 113 total posts 3 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 186 total posts 2 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 127 total posts 2 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 182 total posts 2 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 93 total posts 1 post
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 21 total posts 1 post
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 395 total posts 1 post