Harry's gonna cry "Gingerscrimination" when he hears who's up for ANNIE...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We recently heard that Willow Smith was out of the running for the lead in the reboot of Annie being produced by her ma and pa, which madge redheads the world over sigh with relief. I mean, they couldn't be publicly pissed because they're the whitest people ever and that would come off as super racist.
Annie is one of their only icons. I mean, who else is left? Carrot Top? Opie? Jessica Rabbit?
There was hope that they'd go back to the traditional Annie, with the curly red hair and freckles (they'd probably still keep the pupils, which might piss off the old timey purists), but now their ginger dreams are smashed because it seems a certain precocious Oscar nominated newcomer is leading the pack of potential Annies.
Yep, Beasts of the Southern Wild's Quvenzhane Wallis is the number one choice for Will Gluck's reboot, according to EW.
Sorry, my ginger friends.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 248 total posts 72 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 182 total posts 32 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 73 total posts 29 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 93 total posts 27 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 685 total posts 13 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 60 total posts 11 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 49 total posts 7 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 138 total posts 6 posts