Harry's gonna cry "Gingerscrimination" when he hears who's up for ANNIE...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We recently heard that Willow Smith was out of the running for the lead in the reboot of Annie being produced by her ma and pa, which madge redheads the world over sigh with relief. I mean, they couldn't be publicly pissed because they're the whitest people ever and that would come off as super racist.
Annie is one of their only icons. I mean, who else is left? Carrot Top? Opie? Jessica Rabbit?
There was hope that they'd go back to the traditional Annie, with the curly red hair and freckles (they'd probably still keep the pupils, which might piss off the old timey purists), but now their ginger dreams are smashed because it seems a certain precocious Oscar nominated newcomer is leading the pack of potential Annies.
Yep, Beasts of the Southern Wild's Quvenzhane Wallis is the number one choice for Will Gluck's reboot, according to EW.
Sorry, my ginger friends.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 216 total posts 12 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 47 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 10 total posts 4 posts