Beleaguered JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Back To Square One?
Y'know, maybe this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie just doesn't want to be made.
According to Badass Digest kingpin Devin Faraci, multiple sources are telling him that the Will Beall (GANGSTER SQUAD) screenplay for JUSTICE LEAGUE has been tossed because it is awful. Beall's script reportedly had Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern taking on Darkseid, the Jack Kirby-created villain who wreaks havoc with his Omega Beam. Now, Faraci's sources are questioning whether the film will ever get made.
JUSTICE LEAGUE has been plagued by a long, uncertain development. There was the near-miss with director George Miller in 2007, which was almost rushed into production due to the impending WGA strike. And now there's the current iteration, which evidently won't move forward unless MAN OF STEEL is a massive hit. After the fizzling out of GREEN LANTERN and the conclusion of Christopher Nolan's Batman series, Warner Bros. and D.C. are basically stuck at square one with their answer to Marvel Studios' thriving series of superhero movies. The problem seems to be their desire to rush into JUSTICE LEAGUE without establishing its core five heroes with their own movies. Perhaps the scrapping of Beall's script is a sign that WB is finally taking a more measured approach to developing the big-screen D.C. brand.
Or maybe JUSTICE LEAGUE is Warner Bros' DON QUIXOTE.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 50 total posts 25 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 534 total posts 11 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 163 total posts 6 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 145 total posts 2 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 2 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 204 total posts 1 post
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 6 total posts 1 post
THE LATE SHOW WITH
1993-2015 -- 425 total posts 1 post