John Ary's Video Review Of SIDE EFFECTS!!
John Ary here with a look at Steven Soderbergh's latest and reportedly final feature film.
Side Effects wants to present itself as an important movie, but suffers from an awful case of multiple personality syndrome. It starts off as a character study about a woman with depression, then tries to turn into an essay about prescription drug culture and finally decides to shift gears into a pulpy mystery. Above all, it commits one of the greatest storytelling sins a film can perpetrate: it lies to us.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 214 total posts 214 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 198 total posts 77 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 118 total posts 59 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 147 total posts 33 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 341 total posts 25 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 134 total posts 16 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 73 total posts 13 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 362 total posts 11 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 159 total posts 11 posts
- The Trailer For Jason Bateman's BAD WORDS! -- 30 total posts 11 posts