John Ary's Video Review Of SIDE EFFECTS!!
John Ary here with a look at Steven Soderbergh's latest and reportedly final feature film.
Side Effects wants to present itself as an important movie, but suffers from an awful case of multiple personality syndrome. It starts off as a character study about a woman with depression, then tries to turn into an essay about prescription drug culture and finally decides to shift gears into a pulpy mystery. Above all, it commits one of the greatest storytelling sins a film can perpetrate: it lies to us.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 492 total posts 199 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 685 total posts 90 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 85 total posts 46 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 126 total posts 28 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 27 total posts 27 posts