John Ary's Video Review Of SIDE EFFECTS!!
John Ary here with a look at Steven Soderbergh's latest and reportedly final feature film.
Side Effects wants to present itself as an important movie, but suffers from an awful case of multiple personality syndrome. It starts off as a character study about a woman with depression, then tries to turn into an essay about prescription drug culture and finally decides to shift gears into a pulpy mystery. Above all, it commits one of the greatest storytelling sins a film can perpetrate: it lies to us.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 404 total posts 304 posts
- Steven Spielberg to produce a live action Halo series for Microsoft! -- 158 total posts 73 posts
- So is JURASSIC PARK IV a remake or a reboot? Sam Neill thinks he has the answer! -- 173 total posts 63 posts
- Microsoft's Reveal Of The Next XBOX Is Upon Us, And Streaming Here!! -- 358 total posts 48 posts
- What is PACIFIC RIM's "Drift Space"? Find out in this Featurette! -- 89 total posts 38 posts
- Harry's 21st Picks & Peeks of 2013 has MEDIUM COOL, THE LAST STAND, THE BURNING, BATMAN, MIYAZAKI Blus and more!!! -- 121 total posts 26 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1304 total posts 23 posts
- So which character is going to be the villain in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?! -- 181 total posts 21 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 202 total posts 18 posts
- Two Cool New Posters for THE WORLD'S END Show Off The Whole Gang!! -- 40 total posts 10 posts