John Ary's Video Review Of SIDE EFFECTS!!
John Ary here with a look at Steven Soderbergh's latest and reportedly final feature film.
Side Effects wants to present itself as an important movie, but suffers from an awful case of multiple personality syndrome. It starts off as a character study about a woman with depression, then tries to turn into an essay about prescription drug culture and finally decides to shift gears into a pulpy mystery. Above all, it commits one of the greatest storytelling sins a film can perpetrate: it lies to us.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 188 total posts 12 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 157 total posts 7 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 50 total posts 6 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 69 total posts 3 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 218 total posts 3 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 51 total posts 2 posts
- Has STAR WARS EPISODE VII Landed Its First Non-OT Cast Member? -- 507 total posts 2 posts
- What is PACIFIC RIM's "Drift Space"? Find out in this Featurette! -- 112 total posts 2 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 10 total posts 2 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 134 total posts 2 posts