Let me explain something to you, Walsh. This Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day requires a certain amount of finesse.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Is it even possible that conversation will stay on Chinatown, which is undoubtedly a masterpiece, in the talkbacks? I doubt it. The only thing I’ll say to that up front is there’s the man and then there’s his work. I can still enjoy reading Alice in Wonderland and listening to Great Balls of Fire without condoning the creepy shit the artists did.
How about we just take a minute to at least recognize just how whip smart Robert Towne’s script is for Chinatown. A lot of people have tried to recapture that patented noir style of dialogue and most of them fail. Towne didn’t, though. He got it right and we have this classic movie because of it.
Today’s shot has Jack Nicholson using his go-to goofy photo thing where he sticks his tongue all the way out like a dog. Polanski’s in the background also being goofy or caught in a weird moment. Enjoy the shot and do what you will in the talkbacks, but it will make my tiny cold heart swell a couple of sizes if the conversation could actually be on the brilliant movie and not the tabloid shit.
Many thanks once again to Decaying Hollywood Mansions for the shot.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
I don’t know what other guys like, but I prefer tomorrow’s pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 85 total posts 51 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 251 total posts 47 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 123 total posts 47 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 51 total posts 34 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 102 total posts 17 posts