How can the same shit happen to the same guy six times!?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm going to try to be civil with this Die Hard post since I've been a bit down on the promo materials for the lastest effort (but who can blame me, really?). Bruce Willis was on BBC's The One Show today and was asked about whether or not there'll be a Die Hard 6 and responded with a "Yeah, yeah... there will be." (Thanks to reader SooperMoop for pointing this out)
So, that's the news part. The commentary part is pretty predictable. I just want John McClane to be relatable again. He can still do amazing things, I just don't want him to be unbreakable (see what I did there?). When McClane struggles, we struggle. He's not just a quip machine, that's not what made Die Hard so popular in the first place. John McClane was afraid and vulnerable, but stepped up to the plate when he had to.
So, go with God, Mr. Willis. Keep pumping them out and do what makes you and Fox happy. Maybe A Good Day To Die Hard will be a pleasant surprise and I won't be such a sourpuss when it comes to these films anymore.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 293 total posts 117 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 106 total posts 62 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 724 total posts 52 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 117 total posts 51 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 188 total posts 38 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 73 total posts 24 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 62 total posts 20 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 28 total posts 20 posts
- Nordling Reviews FAST AND FURIOUS 6! -- 102 total posts 12 posts