THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Offers Up No Details Whatsoever About The Sequel's Plot!!
The Kidd here...
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is now a few days into production, with word spreading that Marc Webb may be shooting 35 anamorphic, which means the 3-D will be post-converted (Why can't they just shoot in the real deal for once?!). So it makes sense for Columbia Pictures to then release a synopsis of the film, offering up a taste of what the movie might be about, starting the process of building awareness and excitement for the next chapter in Peter Parker's supposedly untold story way in advance, and, of course, trying to get Spidey on the minds of everyone who've been talking about STAR WARS and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past week. Alright, Columbia... hit me with your best shot...
In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Wait... so... that's it?
That's really not much of a plot synopsis at all, just a very carefully crafted skirting of revealing any sort of details... even the most general. Hmmm... Peter Parker's life is going to change now that you're throwing quite a few new characters into the mix, including a friend we heard nothing about throughout the entire first movie, two new villains (notice the Rhino omission) and potentially a new love interest...? No shit. But I'm sure this continued push of Peter Parker as a liar, with a loosened moral compass - lying to a dying man - isn't going to sit well with detractors of the first film. The fact they're so prominently positioning it even now eats at me that those involved creatively still haven't the slightest idea about Spider-Man.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 390 total posts 358 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 320 total posts 108 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 111 total posts 92 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1465 total posts 58 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 149 total posts 57 posts
- Jon Stewart casts Gael Garcia Bernal for his directorial debut, ROSEWATER!! -- 49 total posts 47 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts