THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Offers Up No Details Whatsoever About The Sequel's Plot!!
The Kidd here...
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is now a few days into production, with word spreading that Marc Webb may be shooting 35 anamorphic, which means the 3-D will be post-converted (Why can't they just shoot in the real deal for once?!). So it makes sense for Columbia Pictures to then release a synopsis of the film, offering up a taste of what the movie might be about, starting the process of building awareness and excitement for the next chapter in Peter Parker's supposedly untold story way in advance, and, of course, trying to get Spidey on the minds of everyone who've been talking about STAR WARS and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past week. Alright, Columbia... hit me with your best shot...
In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Wait... so... that's it?
That's really not much of a plot synopsis at all, just a very carefully crafted skirting of revealing any sort of details... even the most general. Hmmm... Peter Parker's life is going to change now that you're throwing quite a few new characters into the mix, including a friend we heard nothing about throughout the entire first movie, two new villains (notice the Rhino omission) and potentially a new love interest...? No shit. But I'm sure this continued push of Peter Parker as a liar, with a loosened moral compass - lying to a dying man - isn't going to sit well with detractors of the first film. The fact they're so prominently positioning it even now eats at me that those involved creatively still haven't the slightest idea about Spider-Man.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 136 total posts 16 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 305 total posts 11 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 36 total posts 10 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 329 total posts 10 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 96 total posts 9 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
-- 33 total posts 6 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 21 total posts 3 posts