THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Offers Up No Details Whatsoever About The Sequel's Plot!!
The Kidd here...
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is now a few days into production, with word spreading that Marc Webb may be shooting 35 anamorphic, which means the 3-D will be post-converted (Why can't they just shoot in the real deal for once?!). So it makes sense for Columbia Pictures to then release a synopsis of the film, offering up a taste of what the movie might be about, starting the process of building awareness and excitement for the next chapter in Peter Parker's supposedly untold story way in advance, and, of course, trying to get Spidey on the minds of everyone who've been talking about STAR WARS and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past week. Alright, Columbia... hit me with your best shot...
In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Wait... so... that's it?
That's really not much of a plot synopsis at all, just a very carefully crafted skirting of revealing any sort of details... even the most general. Hmmm... Peter Parker's life is going to change now that you're throwing quite a few new characters into the mix, including a friend we heard nothing about throughout the entire first movie, two new villains (notice the Rhino omission) and potentially a new love interest...? No shit. But I'm sure this continued push of Peter Parker as a liar, with a loosened moral compass - lying to a dying man - isn't going to sit well with detractors of the first film. The fact they're so prominently positioning it even now eats at me that those involved creatively still haven't the slightest idea about Spider-Man.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 493 total posts 200 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 150 total posts 150 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 132 total posts 132 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 687 total posts 92 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 85 total posts 46 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts