THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Offers Up No Details Whatsoever About The Sequel's Plot!!
The Kidd here...
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is now a few days into production, with word spreading that Marc Webb may be shooting 35 anamorphic, which means the 3-D will be post-converted (Why can't they just shoot in the real deal for once?!). So it makes sense for Columbia Pictures to then release a synopsis of the film, offering up a taste of what the movie might be about, starting the process of building awareness and excitement for the next chapter in Peter Parker's supposedly untold story way in advance, and, of course, trying to get Spidey on the minds of everyone who've been talking about STAR WARS and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past week. Alright, Columbia... hit me with your best shot...
In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Wait... so... that's it?
That's really not much of a plot synopsis at all, just a very carefully crafted skirting of revealing any sort of details... even the most general. Hmmm... Peter Parker's life is going to change now that you're throwing quite a few new characters into the mix, including a friend we heard nothing about throughout the entire first movie, two new villains (notice the Rhino omission) and potentially a new love interest...? No shit. But I'm sure this continued push of Peter Parker as a liar, with a loosened moral compass - lying to a dying man - isn't going to sit well with detractors of the first film. The fact they're so prominently positioning it even now eats at me that those involved creatively still haven't the slightest idea about Spider-Man.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- MAN OF STEEL TV Spot #6 - I give up, I'm just dying to see this thing! -- 246 total posts 52 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About The New WOLVERINE Trailer, Soderbergh’s CANDELABRA, FURIOUS 6, HANGOVER III, EPIC, GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 137 total posts 47 posts
- Universal may not have a new JURASSIC PARK, but Fox has WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 3D due this Christmas!!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Roland Emmerich unleashes a symphony of elements in this BTS Featurette of WHITE HOUSE DOWN!!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 151 total posts 15 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 521 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 107 total posts 5 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 95 total posts 4 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 115 total posts 3 posts