THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Offers Up No Details Whatsoever About The Sequel's Plot!!
The Kidd here...
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is now a few days into production, with word spreading that Marc Webb may be shooting 35 anamorphic, which means the 3-D will be post-converted (Why can't they just shoot in the real deal for once?!). So it makes sense for Columbia Pictures to then release a synopsis of the film, offering up a taste of what the movie might be about, starting the process of building awareness and excitement for the next chapter in Peter Parker's supposedly untold story way in advance, and, of course, trying to get Spidey on the minds of everyone who've been talking about STAR WARS and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past week. Alright, Columbia... hit me with your best shot...
In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Wait... so... that's it?
That's really not much of a plot synopsis at all, just a very carefully crafted skirting of revealing any sort of details... even the most general. Hmmm... Peter Parker's life is going to change now that you're throwing quite a few new characters into the mix, including a friend we heard nothing about throughout the entire first movie, two new villains (notice the Rhino omission) and potentially a new love interest...? No shit. But I'm sure this continued push of Peter Parker as a liar, with a loosened moral compass - lying to a dying man - isn't going to sit well with detractors of the first film. The fact they're so prominently positioning it even now eats at me that those involved creatively still haven't the slightest idea about Spider-Man.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 146 total posts 32 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 187 total posts 32 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 92 total posts 14 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 209 total posts 12 posts
2012-2014 -- 36 total posts 6 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 108 total posts 6 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 222 total posts 5 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 80 total posts 3 posts
- Simon Pegg's gonna set you on fire in this poster for KILL ME THREE TIMES! -- 17 total posts 3 posts