Monty Python re-unites for sci-fi comedy ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! Holy smoke!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm starting to think I died and didn't know it. Am I living Beetlejuice right now? Seriously, we have the promise of a crazy number of promising looking Star Wars movies, Marvel is dominating popular culture with an incredible slate of movies past, present and future and now Monty Python is getting back together? It's too good to be true, but Variety claims it is very real.
Now they're trying to downplay the importance of Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam reteaming (Eric Idle hasn't signed yet, but they're in the process of wooing him), saying it's not really a Python film, but then saying it will feel like one!
Terry Jones is directing this film called Absolutely Anything, which is a tale of asshole aliens who give an earthling the power of God (he can do absolutely anything... now you understand the title, dontcha?) just to see what happens. It'll be a CGI animated/live-action hybrid deal with the surviving Pythons voicing the aliens and Robin Williams voicing a dog. He's apparently a very smart dog. His face will be seen as well, as he will be playing a character that is only described as a "pompous Frenchman." Are there any other kind of Frenchmen? (Sorry, my French friends! It was too obvious a joke for me not to go for it)
Apparently Jones has been toying with the script for two decades with Gavin Scott.
If Williams is also appearing in the flesh, I have hope that the Python members get to play some live action scenes together, but hey... if it's just them getting together and performance capturing aliens that like to fuck with humans then I'll take it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 124 total posts 109 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 60 total posts 51 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 93 total posts 41 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 269 total posts 31 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 121 total posts 25 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 112 total posts 24 posts
- Capone can't decide if Luc Besson's LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people. Whatever it is, he still mostly digs it!!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Nordling Reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 15 total posts 15 posts