Words can’t even describe this Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day. John Chambes + Fred Astaire + Alfred E. Neuman. Seriously.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
In 1959 Fred Astaire had a TV special in which he decided to dress up as Alfred E. Neuman… Yes, that Alfred E. Neuman, Mad Magazine’s mascot.
Not content to half-ass things (this is Fred Astaire we’re talking about), he decided to bring in one of the best makeup men in the business, Mr. John Chambers… He was featured yesterday in the Planet of the Apes pic… John Goodman played him in Argo. Legend.
So, John Chambers brought Astairefred E. Neuman to life and the results are at once incredibly impressive and “fuck you” frightening.
Here’s the crazy scary pic. I’m not kidding around. That is really unsettling.
If you think that image will haunt your nightmares you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. You’ve seen that unholy creation in still form, but now you get to see it move.
That’s right. It’s the year 2013, so everything is on YouTube, including that number from “Another Evening With Fred Astaire” as the legendary Astaire as Alfred E. Neuman, dances with Ms. Barrie Chase. You are not prepared for what you’re about to see. You may think you are, Mr. Tough Guy, but you’re really not.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forget it, Jake. It’s tomorrow’s pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts