Bob Iger confirms standalone Star Wars to be made concurrently with the new trilogy!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Hot on the heels of Harry's very interesting article yesterday regarding the Star Wars spin-off films following established Star Wars characters (most noteably Yoda), we get Disney's Bob Iger on CNBC talking about how awesome Disney is as a company and how much money it's making... and confirming that they are currently developing the Star Wars one-off films.
He's a little cagey about it, but said that both Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are writing stand alone films. Plural. And each film will be "derived from great Star Wars characters."
What this means... It means that Zack Snyder Seven Samurai rumor wasn't so far-fetched (in fact, I heard that Snyder's been talking about that being his dream job for years) because they're not waiting until the new Trilogy is finished before going into production on those.
Each film surrounding a known character is interesting and I get the value in that (who doesn't want to see a standalone Boba Fett film?), but I was kind of hoping these standalones would explore the vast galaxy beyond what we've already seen.
Who knows, maybe we'll get both. But there you go. Exciting news nonetheless!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts