Sean Bean to play a "Han Solo type" in The Wachowski's JUPITER ASCENDING?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It's a hell of a day for sci-fi news. If it wasn't enough that Star Trek is back in a big way, Star Wars is about to take over the rest of our geek lives, apparently, Alfonso Cuaron has his sci-fi flick out this year and Marvel is going galactic with their franchises, we also have the Wachowskis working on a new original mainstream sci-fi tale called Jupiter Ascending.
Warners has wanted this one since they first read the script. My understanding is that they're over the moon with this one, think it'll make a bajillion dollars and everyone will go and see it. They already had my money because I trust the Wachowskis, but now Deadline is announcing that Sean Bean will be taking a lead role, which Mike Fleming describes as a "Han Solo type."
Um, yes please.
Bean joins Channing Tatum (awesome), Mila Kunis (awesome) and Eddie Redmayne (zzzzzzzzz) in the flick.
We live in amazing times, my fellow geeks. Amazing times indeed.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 269 total posts 13 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 56 total posts 10 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 145 total posts 9 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 135 total posts 9 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 155 total posts 8 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 35 total posts 7 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 100 total posts 5 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 293 total posts 4 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 686 total posts 3 posts