Sean Bean to play a "Han Solo type" in The Wachowski's JUPITER ASCENDING?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It's a hell of a day for sci-fi news. If it wasn't enough that Star Trek is back in a big way, Star Wars is about to take over the rest of our geek lives, apparently, Alfonso Cuaron has his sci-fi flick out this year and Marvel is going galactic with their franchises, we also have the Wachowskis working on a new original mainstream sci-fi tale called Jupiter Ascending.
Warners has wanted this one since they first read the script. My understanding is that they're over the moon with this one, think it'll make a bajillion dollars and everyone will go and see it. They already had my money because I trust the Wachowskis, but now Deadline is announcing that Sean Bean will be taking a lead role, which Mike Fleming describes as a "Han Solo type."
Um, yes please.
Bean joins Channing Tatum (awesome), Mila Kunis (awesome) and Eddie Redmayne (zzzzzzzzz) in the flick.
We live in amazing times, my fellow geeks. Amazing times indeed.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 518 total posts 178 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 183 total posts 151 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 141 total posts 141 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 200 total posts 52 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 116 total posts 40 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 40 total posts 27 posts