Sean Bean to play a "Han Solo type" in The Wachowski's JUPITER ASCENDING?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It's a hell of a day for sci-fi news. If it wasn't enough that Star Trek is back in a big way, Star Wars is about to take over the rest of our geek lives, apparently, Alfonso Cuaron has his sci-fi flick out this year and Marvel is going galactic with their franchises, we also have the Wachowskis working on a new original mainstream sci-fi tale called Jupiter Ascending.
Warners has wanted this one since they first read the script. My understanding is that they're over the moon with this one, think it'll make a bajillion dollars and everyone will go and see it. They already had my money because I trust the Wachowskis, but now Deadline is announcing that Sean Bean will be taking a lead role, which Mike Fleming describes as a "Han Solo type."
Um, yes please.
Bean joins Channing Tatum (awesome), Mila Kunis (awesome) and Eddie Redmayne (zzzzzzzzz) in the flick.
We live in amazing times, my fellow geeks. Amazing times indeed.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 71 total posts 46 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 535 total posts 12 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 165 total posts 8 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 52 total posts 8 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 93 total posts 3 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 2 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 146 total posts 2 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 145 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 185 total posts 1 post