How Many HERCULES Flicks Do We Really Need...?? Because Renny Harlin Is Making Another One!!
The Kidd here...
Yeah, so we're getting another HERCULES movie on the way... I know, I know... it's like that time we had two Snow Whites in the works, two asteroid movies getting made, two White House-under-attack films on the release calendar. For some reason, Hollywood likes these types of showdowns. In this competition, we have Brett Ratner directing The Rock on one side, and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Renny Harlin directing a 3-D version for Millennium that they hope to cast over the next few weeks in order to rush into production by May, so they can have it ready for March 2014, five months ahead of the one announced by Paramount and MGM. Yay for... well, there's gotta be someone excited for this. I mean, I was a little surprised when I first heard the news, not only because I didn't think there was a market for two separate Hercules movies within months of each other, but because I didn't know Renny Harlin was still making pictures. Apparently he is.
Harlin, no stranger to pretty decent sized budgets - EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, DRIVEN, DEEP BLUE SEA, THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, CLIFFHANGER, DIE HARD 2 - is looking at about $70 million for this vision of Hercules, which is reportedly closer in tone to GLADIATOR than say CLASH OF THE TITANS, working off a script by Sean Hood and Hanna Weg... but is there anything off Harlin's resume that really leads you to believe this might turn out okay? I'm a fan of DIE HARD 2, but that was also 23 years ago. Most recently, his track record consists of the John Cena flick, 12 ROUNDS, and THE COVENANT.
Hmmm... suddenly Brett Ratner ain't looking too bad, is he?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 151 total posts 20 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 87 total posts 15 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 72 total posts 13 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 19 total posts 7 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 72 total posts 6 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 41 total posts 6 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 128 total posts 6 posts