How Many HERCULES Flicks Do We Really Need...?? Because Renny Harlin Is Making Another One!!
The Kidd here...
Yeah, so we're getting another HERCULES movie on the way... I know, I know... it's like that time we had two Snow Whites in the works, two asteroid movies getting made, two White House-under-attack films on the release calendar. For some reason, Hollywood likes these types of showdowns. In this competition, we have Brett Ratner directing The Rock on one side, and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Renny Harlin directing a 3-D version for Millennium that they hope to cast over the next few weeks in order to rush into production by May, so they can have it ready for March 2014, five months ahead of the one announced by Paramount and MGM. Yay for... well, there's gotta be someone excited for this. I mean, I was a little surprised when I first heard the news, not only because I didn't think there was a market for two separate Hercules movies within months of each other, but because I didn't know Renny Harlin was still making pictures. Apparently he is.
Harlin, no stranger to pretty decent sized budgets - EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, DRIVEN, DEEP BLUE SEA, THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, CLIFFHANGER, DIE HARD 2 - is looking at about $70 million for this vision of Hercules, which is reportedly closer in tone to GLADIATOR than say CLASH OF THE TITANS, working off a script by Sean Hood and Hanna Weg... but is there anything off Harlin's resume that really leads you to believe this might turn out okay? I'm a fan of DIE HARD 2, but that was also 23 years ago. Most recently, his track record consists of the John Cena flick, 12 ROUNDS, and THE COVENANT.
Hmmm... suddenly Brett Ratner ain't looking too bad, is he?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 329 total posts 329 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 288 total posts 98 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 85 total posts 77 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 306 total posts 34 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 114 total posts 25 posts
- Trailer for Action-Thriller '71, Starring Jack O'Connell! -- 24 total posts 24 posts