How Many HERCULES Flicks Do We Really Need...?? Because Renny Harlin Is Making Another One!!
The Kidd here...
Yeah, so we're getting another HERCULES movie on the way... I know, I know... it's like that time we had two Snow Whites in the works, two asteroid movies getting made, two White House-under-attack films on the release calendar. For some reason, Hollywood likes these types of showdowns. In this competition, we have Brett Ratner directing The Rock on one side, and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Renny Harlin directing a 3-D version for Millennium that they hope to cast over the next few weeks in order to rush into production by May, so they can have it ready for March 2014, five months ahead of the one announced by Paramount and MGM. Yay for... well, there's gotta be someone excited for this. I mean, I was a little surprised when I first heard the news, not only because I didn't think there was a market for two separate Hercules movies within months of each other, but because I didn't know Renny Harlin was still making pictures. Apparently he is.
Harlin, no stranger to pretty decent sized budgets - EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, DRIVEN, DEEP BLUE SEA, THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, CLIFFHANGER, DIE HARD 2 - is looking at about $70 million for this vision of Hercules, which is reportedly closer in tone to GLADIATOR than say CLASH OF THE TITANS, working off a script by Sean Hood and Hanna Weg... but is there anything off Harlin's resume that really leads you to believe this might turn out okay? I'm a fan of DIE HARD 2, but that was also 23 years ago. Most recently, his track record consists of the John Cena flick, 12 ROUNDS, and THE COVENANT.
Hmmm... suddenly Brett Ratner ain't looking too bad, is he?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 265 total posts 240 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 206 total posts 162 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 227 total posts 84 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 564 total posts 41 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 187 total posts 30 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts