Who is this The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day? Friend of yours, huh? Now this really pisses me off to no end!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
We all know Lo Pan is fucking awesome. Big Trouble In Little China is without a doubt John Carpenter’s most flat out fun movie and James Hong is a huge part of that. His David Lo Pan is one of cinema’s best villains. I love it when a balance can be struck between threatening and cartoony and by God James Hong does it.
Lo Pan is a perfect foil for Jack Burton and one of my favorite characters in all of ‘80s cinema. Most of that credit goes to Hong, but he was aided by some amazing makeup work, especially his David Lo Pan old man makeup.
That very makeup job is the focus for today’s pic, which has Steve Johnson applying the old man Lo Pan (say that out loud, it’s fun!) prosthetics and crazy facial hair. Thanks to Vincent Guastini and the Practical Effects Group for the image! Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic features a very famous comic duo.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts