Ahhh... So That's What FAST & FURIOUS 6 Is Going To Be About...!!
The Kidd here...
For the first time, I actually give a shit what happens next in the FAST/FURIOUS franchise. After a series of movies that served as nothing more than displays of souped-up cars racing on the street, FAST FIVE pulled out a three-point turn on the formula and took things in a much different direction, moving more towards high-speed heist films than whatever you want to categorize the first four films as.
Now, as we head to FAST & FURIOUS 6, we've still got Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and the rest of their crew on the run, with The Rock's Hobbs in hot pursuit, not to mention the revelation that Michelle Rodriguez's Letty might somehow still be alive. That's all fine and good as elements, but there's going to have to be some sort of cohesive story to tie that together, no...?
Universal has released the official synopsis for FAST & FURIOUS 6 in advance of their Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and it goes a little something like this...
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
I enjoyed the hell out of the last film, and with director Justin Lin and the main cast from FAST FIVE returning, plus Gina Carano and Luke Evans, I am absolutely in for FAST & FURIOUS 6 on May 24... I just wish like hell that they'd stop changing the name structure.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 54 total posts 32 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 147 total posts 27 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 52 total posts 26 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 316 total posts 22 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 338 total posts 19 posts
- Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer! -- 31 total posts 17 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 99 total posts 12 posts
-- 38 total posts 11 posts