Ahhh... So That's What FAST & FURIOUS 6 Is Going To Be About...!!
The Kidd here...
For the first time, I actually give a shit what happens next in the FAST/FURIOUS franchise. After a series of movies that served as nothing more than displays of souped-up cars racing on the street, FAST FIVE pulled out a three-point turn on the formula and took things in a much different direction, moving more towards high-speed heist films than whatever you want to categorize the first four films as.
Now, as we head to FAST & FURIOUS 6, we've still got Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and the rest of their crew on the run, with The Rock's Hobbs in hot pursuit, not to mention the revelation that Michelle Rodriguez's Letty might somehow still be alive. That's all fine and good as elements, but there's going to have to be some sort of cohesive story to tie that together, no...?
Universal has released the official synopsis for FAST & FURIOUS 6 in advance of their Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and it goes a little something like this...
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
I enjoyed the hell out of the last film, and with director Justin Lin and the main cast from FAST FIVE returning, plus Gina Carano and Luke Evans, I am absolutely in for FAST & FURIOUS 6 on May 24... I just wish like hell that they'd stop changing the name structure.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 263 total posts 107 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 70 total posts 29 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 47 total posts 10 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 94 total posts 8 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 72 total posts 4 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 285 total posts 3 posts