Ahhh... So That's What FAST & FURIOUS 6 Is Going To Be About...!!
The Kidd here...
For the first time, I actually give a shit what happens next in the FAST/FURIOUS franchise. After a series of movies that served as nothing more than displays of souped-up cars racing on the street, FAST FIVE pulled out a three-point turn on the formula and took things in a much different direction, moving more towards high-speed heist films than whatever you want to categorize the first four films as.
Now, as we head to FAST & FURIOUS 6, we've still got Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and the rest of their crew on the run, with The Rock's Hobbs in hot pursuit, not to mention the revelation that Michelle Rodriguez's Letty might somehow still be alive. That's all fine and good as elements, but there's going to have to be some sort of cohesive story to tie that together, no...?
Universal has released the official synopsis for FAST & FURIOUS 6 in advance of their Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and it goes a little something like this...
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
I enjoyed the hell out of the last film, and with director Justin Lin and the main cast from FAST FIVE returning, plus Gina Carano and Luke Evans, I am absolutely in for FAST & FURIOUS 6 on May 24... I just wish like hell that they'd stop changing the name structure.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 135 total posts 52 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 81 total posts 39 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 190 total posts 26 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 35 total posts 25 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 317 total posts 22 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 79 total posts 18 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 77 total posts 16 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 189 total posts 14 posts