Ahhh... So That's What FAST & FURIOUS 6 Is Going To Be About...!!
The Kidd here...
For the first time, I actually give a shit what happens next in the FAST/FURIOUS franchise. After a series of movies that served as nothing more than displays of souped-up cars racing on the street, FAST FIVE pulled out a three-point turn on the formula and took things in a much different direction, moving more towards high-speed heist films than whatever you want to categorize the first four films as.
Now, as we head to FAST & FURIOUS 6, we've still got Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and the rest of their crew on the run, with The Rock's Hobbs in hot pursuit, not to mention the revelation that Michelle Rodriguez's Letty might somehow still be alive. That's all fine and good as elements, but there's going to have to be some sort of cohesive story to tie that together, no...?
Universal has released the official synopsis for FAST & FURIOUS 6 in advance of their Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and it goes a little something like this...
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
I enjoyed the hell out of the last film, and with director Justin Lin and the main cast from FAST FIVE returning, plus Gina Carano and Luke Evans, I am absolutely in for FAST & FURIOUS 6 on May 24... I just wish like hell that they'd stop changing the name structure.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 240 total posts 141 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 359 total posts 114 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 218 total posts 80 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 219 total posts 58 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 173 total posts 50 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 44 total posts 30 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 376 total posts 20 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 49 total posts 20 posts