Ahhh... So That's What FAST & FURIOUS 6 Is Going To Be About...!!
The Kidd here...
For the first time, I actually give a shit what happens next in the FAST/FURIOUS franchise. After a series of movies that served as nothing more than displays of souped-up cars racing on the street, FAST FIVE pulled out a three-point turn on the formula and took things in a much different direction, moving more towards high-speed heist films than whatever you want to categorize the first four films as.
Now, as we head to FAST & FURIOUS 6, we've still got Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and the rest of their crew on the run, with The Rock's Hobbs in hot pursuit, not to mention the revelation that Michelle Rodriguez's Letty might somehow still be alive. That's all fine and good as elements, but there's going to have to be some sort of cohesive story to tie that together, no...?
Universal has released the official synopsis for FAST & FURIOUS 6 in advance of their Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and it goes a little something like this...
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
I enjoyed the hell out of the last film, and with director Justin Lin and the main cast from FAST FIVE returning, plus Gina Carano and Luke Evans, I am absolutely in for FAST & FURIOUS 6 on May 24... I just wish like hell that they'd stop changing the name structure.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 209 total posts 49 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 90 total posts 41 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 50 total posts 20 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 65 total posts 20 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 175 total posts 16 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 507 total posts 11 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 127 total posts 8 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 74 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 61 total posts 6 posts
- "Alright boys, it's Howdy-Doody time!" Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson do the southern noir thing in this COLD IN JULY trailer! -- 26 total posts 4 posts